Beginner Calla lily

A bit busy isn't it Tony?
I love the three colour composition but there is no
centrall main point of interest, of focus really!

It is very busy, but that just reflects my garden. The 3 colours were more luck than judgement ! And I would like to think not having a main focal point keeps the eye moving over the picture, something I like.
If I have time tomorrow I might try another shot, focussing more on the calla with the strongest colouring.

I really appreciate your thoughts Kodiak, just shows how differently we all view things.

just shows how differently we all view things.

With that in mind, there may be preferences but
not much place for right or wrong… I like that!

Hi Tony. You have a nice garden going on there ! I like the image and can see why you were attracted to take a photo at that moment. I was unsure which flower was the subject too. I like busy as thats what it is but with so many red flowers to choose from it is a tad hard to see which was the hero.

Hope you get another image today.

Gaz

Thinking one calla of that colour is probably enough given the size of the flower.

Gaz and David, thanks for your input......I've only recently started "thinking" about the photos I take, but I can't understand why a shot like this should have only one main subject. I get that this seems to be the accepted way, but surely if there are a number of interesting features in shot (flowers in this case) why pick one at the expense of the others ?

The garden is quite nice at the minute, not the biggest, but we like it. A lot of the plants, including the callas, are in pots.
Unfortunately I've been laid low today, sciatica and a prolapsed disc causing havoc, so didn't get the chance to take any more photos. Hopefully tomorrow, weather and pain permitting.

I get that this seems to be the accepted way,
Hi Tony thanks for the reply it's good to talk. Your quite right it does seem the accepted way and I am by no means an expert. The image above is very nice I do like it. I like that the tall flower to the right is sort of forming a natural frame.
It is not a deal breaker and all that matters is what you like.
Hope your up and about tomorrow.

Gaz

Back