No
Same boat as one of my other posts nd the same level of dodgy PhotoChopping

31560526028_b9a4f679fe_b.jpg

Stranded
by Mark Boadey
X-T20, XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS@25.4 mm, f10.0, 25s, ISO200

Excellent piece of work I could see that hanging on many a wall

It’s nice but just a little too blue in cast. It’s worth fixing
You say "fixing", but what if it was Mark's intention for the shot to be blue? What if it was a particularly blue, post sunset light and the colour is actually accurate?

You say "fixing", but what if it was Mark's intention for the shot to be blue? What if it was a particularly blue, post sunset light and the colour is actually accurate?

So I’m not allowed an opinion?

I think it’s just a bit too blue and a warmer white balance would work really well

I’m trying to recall a post sunset that was quite so blue and struggling. Look at the exposure time - the intense colours have most likely come from using a “stopper”

Last edited:
So I’m not allowed an opinion?

I think it’s just a bit too blue and a warmer white balance would work really well

I’m trying to recall a post sunset that was quite so blue and struggling. Look at the exposure time - the intense colours have most likely come from using a “stopper”
Of course you are, that wasn't my point. The way you worded it though made out that there was an error made by the OP or there was something wrong with the photo nybsugge serimg it could be fixed when I'm actual fact it could have been intentional?

If you would simply prefer it to be less blue, it's an absolutely valid comment.

Might be a blue boat of course. I'm with SFT and think the blue is just a wee bit too much and would bring it back a wee bit. I really like the shot though.

I could probably accept the BLUE but the vignette transition personally is a bit too steep and harsh. I don't like vignettes much, particularly when you can see one so obviously.

Back