B&W Calshot Beach

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Finally managed a trip out with the camera yesterday afternoon, during a break in the constant rain we seem to be having. As I was in Hampshire I headed down to Calshot with an image of the beach huts in mind. I was really pleased to see these zig-zagging groynes leading through the shingle beach towards the beach huts. I chose a long exposure to smooth the rain clouds slowly closing in on me, and converted to monochrome to add some atmosphere. Not usually a fan of my own black and white work, so I look forward to hearing your views on this one!

Jagged Lines by JRTurnerPhotography, on Flickr

Hi Jake, lovely lead in lines, and not a location I've seen before. Nice to see the classic beach shot photograph taken in a different way. The second hut from the left is perhaps a little bit too dark and losses its definition in the composition slightly. Cheers
Thanks mate, now I'm on my work PC I see what you mean, but on my Mac and phone it looks fine.

Thanks mate, now I'm on my work PC I see what you mean, but on my Mac and phone it looks fine.

Hi Jake, your comment made me think it was perhaps time to recalibrate my iMac screen and you're absolutely right! My screen was out! Good old x-rite i1 display pro has sorted me out; now I've also set a reminder to check it every couple of weeks. I probably now need to revisit a couple of recent edits!

Cheers,

Hi Jake, your comment made me think it was perhaps time to recalibrate my iMac screen and you're absolutely right! My screen was out! Good old x-rite i1 display pro has sorted me out; now I've also set a reminder to check it every couple of weeks. I probably now need to revisit a couple of recent edits!

Cheers,

Excellent, glad you got it sorted! Calibrating, another nightmare always needing addressing!

Back