Camera bag that doesn't look like one

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking to replace small rucksack with something a bit more suitable for gear. Going on hols and with 2 cameras, 2 small primes and an 18-200mm Nikon lens plus 2 chargers. I know it sounds daft, but I don't want it to look like a camera bag. It needs to be the correct size for on board luggage.

Thanks you two. Nice one. Just seen one on you-tube that I liked. 4 people testing different packs. The one I liked was ONLY £230!

If your handy with a sewing machine you can make your own inserts and just buy a cheap bag from the market.

If your handy with a sewing machine you can make your own inserts and just buy a cheap bag from the market.

Yes, but by the time I've joined the TalkSewingMachines forum to find out which format of sewing machine to buy, waded through the dozens of organic-vs-polyester threads and found a low-price machine on SewingMachineJungle ... I'll have lost the will to live. ;)

There are loads, you just have to look past the usual camera bag manufacturers, or deeper into their ranges.

Most camera bags that don't look like camera bags often look like laptop bags or something else containing potentially valuable kit. If being incognito is the aim, padded inserts into an army surplus sourced bag - or a normal rucksack and inserts.

I reckon the tea leaves have worked out what bags have cameras in them.
They might be thieving bastards, but they ain't stupid.
Usual rules apply as they do with any bag, worn across the body and flap secured

Yes, but by the time I've joined the TalkSewingMachines forum to find out which format of sewing machine to buy, waded through the dozens of organic-vs-polyester threads and found a low-price machine on SewingMachineJungle ... I'll have lost the will to live. ;)
That suggests to me you're NOT handy with a sewing machine - A proviso Wayne had included in his post.

When I was a student, I just stuffed my camera in a cheap bag from the market, and any extra lenses in padded pouches. Dividers weren't needed till my system grew further.

Last edited:
That suggests to me you're NOT handy with a sewing machine - A proviso Wayne had included in his post.

When I was a student, I just stuffed my camera in a cheap bag from the market, and any extra lenses in padded pouches. Dividers weren't needed till my system grew further.

Oh, no. I'm proficient enough; I once converted all of my jeans from flares to drainpipes (younger readers may like to consult a fogey).

I have teh skillz! But I don't have a sewing machine. :)

Back