Camera Club Comp Again Update

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry for annoying the pants of you people again with this.
We have our 2nd quarterly comp coming up so I and need to submit two images. I posted on here last time and got some good feedback, so thought I would chance my look again.
I want to use just one of these dog photos I have a favourite in mind but was hoping to find out if I am seeing the right things in my photos.

IMG_8150_canvas_ex_16x12.jpg

nose_sharpen.jpg

IMG_8162_copy.jpg

IMG_8256.jpg

I am using a selfie I did for the 52 week challenge on here as my other submission. It's not fab but I'm no pro and it's a bit of fun.

close_upeye.jpg

All help commments crit will be most welcomed.

Gaz

Last edited:
T
I prefer the low key shot Gary or the first.
Cheers Neil.
My pref is 1 & 2 like 4 it's a great pose but little to much dark area for me still a very nice set
Yes bit of a shame that. It was an after thought to take that image so I was pleased to get something out of it.Thanks for taking the time to judge :)
no 1 for me
Cheers
Love them all but no 1 stands out...
Thanks Janet much appreciated.

Number 1 it will be. This was my fave but I did like the others too.
Thanks all.

Gaz

Like them all, but if i had to pick one to hang on my wall, it would be number 1.

Like them all, but if i had to pick one to hang on my wall, it would be number 1.
Thank you Dominic funnily enough the owner did get that image framed.

Gaz

From what I have seen of camera club judges you would probably do well to clone out the second (left) catchlight in the left eye, as we look at it but the actual right eye. Double catchlights are often penalised a 1/2 or 1 point.

#1 is the stand out for me as well, it's well taken and also the quizzical expression on the dog.

From what I have seen of camera club judges you would probably do well to clone out the second (left) catchlight in the left eye, as we look at it but the actual right eye. Double catchlights are often penalised a 1/2 or 1 point.
Hiya. Never thought of that nor noticed it really.Will take a look at that.
#1 is the stand out for me as well, it's well taken and also the quizzical expression on the dog.
Thanks Dvae. When I first saw these dogs they appeared to look like Deers to me :)

Gaz

I'd go for both the low key images, the last one is a great fun image.

I'd go for both the low key images, the last one is a great fun image.
Thanks David. Yer the last may bring a smile if nowt else :)
2 & especially 4 for me!
Thanks Chillie. I was liking 2 very much myself. I do have another taken seconds later where the dog with tongue out is winking. I just find them amusing but I have gone with the first one. I may use number 4 in the last comp of the year. If I have nothing else good enough to enter.

Gaz

#1 and #3 both cropped a bit at the bottom to lose some of the dogs' chest(s) Liking #4 if you could just introduce a bit of lightness into the dog's coat to lift it off the background a tad especially under the muzzle. Nice work.

No.4. Great lighting, great pose, great crop. Great image.

#1 and #3 both cropped a bit at the bottom to lose some of the dogs' chest(s) Liking #4 if you could just introduce a bit of lightness into the dog's coat to lift it off the background a tad especially under the muzzle. Nice work.
Thank you. I will look into the the lightness thing on 4.

Gaz
No.4. Great lighting, great pose, great crop. Great image.
Thank you David.
Thats most encouraging.

Gaz

No. 1 for me the lack of shadow detail in 4 and 5 don't work for me that' said I do fine 5 striking.

All the best

no 2 is an eye catcher
but
i personally would enter no 4

no 2 is an eye catcher
but
i personally would enter no 4
1, 2 and 3 really capture something of the essence of the dogs, but for camera club, enter number 4.
Thanks peeps.

I've entered 1 and my selfie but will most likely bore the pants of them and enter number 4 in the next quaterly comp.

Cheers

Gaz

Thanks peeps.

I've entered 1 and my selfie but will most likely bore the pants of them and enter number 4 in the next quaterly comp.

Cheers

Gaz

dohhhh

good luck anyway...never can guess what the judges like from one comp to the next
:)

Comp was this Monday. I won with image nmber 1. Not sure how other camera clubs score or do things, as I have only been to this one. Winner gets 20 points. I got 16 for the selfie.

Thanks to all whom replied and encouraged.

Gaz

Back