Camera RAW 13.2 and super resolution

4wd

Name
North York Moors
Edit My Images
Yes
Surprised this isn't being discussed since it's one of the most amazing updates they have ever made.
Just installed, it is more like a plug in than usual update at least in Windows.
So far as I can see it only works with RAW, need to try it on some older photos see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: TG.
I don't seem to have a way to open jpg with camera RAW like she does, could it be a windows thing she seems to be on mac
If I open a RAW in PS it opens in Camera raw with the new options.
It is a very processor intensive process, my laptop just stops and shuts down.
Main PC can do them in about ten seconds.

Surprised this isn't being discussed since it's one of the most amazing updates they have ever made.
I ran a couple images through it and it works, but it's quite slow on my older MBP. I also have Topaz Gigapixel AI... and I never use it. It serves no purpose unless you are displaying/printing/viewing your images at sizes/distances where they visibly pixelate.
I guess it could make some clients happy though... when they ask for 50MB images or insist they need 300ppi for an ad banner.

I don't seem to have a way to open jpg with camera RAW like she does, could it be a windows thing she seems to be on mac
If I open a RAW in PS it opens in Camera raw with the new options.
It is a very processor intensive process, my laptop just stops and shuts down.
Main PC can do them in about ten seconds.

It works for me opening a JPG in PS.

Just used the normal File, Open as, Camera RAW format option and it loaded no problems

No idea why, but on my laptop JPG will open in Camera RAW but on main computer only RAW files will!
I don't recall *choosing* that in ether way.

No idea why, but on my laptop JPG will open in Camera RAW but on main computer only RAW files will!
I don't recall *choosing* that in ether way.
I think it depends on your version of Windows and PS.
Try opening file in PS (as jpeg) then menu option Filter/Camera Raw filter - shortcut SHIFT + CRL +A

You can set it up in "Preferences"
go to...
File handling- camera raw preferences- File handling- Jpeg and Tiff file handling.
Then tiff and or Jpegs will open directly in the Raw processor when opened in the normal way.
This is my preferred option.

Is super resolution only available if you use acr as a plugin? I use it standalone and can't see the feature.

Is super resolution only available if you use acr as a plugin? I use it standalone and can't see the feature.
This update is a strange one you are actually only installing a plug-in which can be downloaded independently but you can't download camera raw 13.2 in windows from Adobe except using the creative cloud adobe installer.
The plug in download was hard to find for a while but you can get it here (scroll down)

Last edited:
This update is a strange one you are actually only installing a plug-in which can be downloaded independently but you can't download camera raw 13.2 in windows from Adobe except using the creative cloud adobe installer.
The plug in download was hard to find for a while but you can get it here (scroll down)

I already have it (but thanks for looking) but can't find a way to use super resolution as a stand alone.

ACR13.2.jpg

*edit*

Ah, I think I understand - it MUST be a plugin for a current version of LR/PS. As a standalone you get a different ACR package.

*edit 2*

Downloaded, installed the plug-in version. It wants to run Adobe CC, which isn't going to happen, ever. Uninstalled.

Last edited:
Back