Cameras on TV 1970s program

Name
eugene
Edit My Images
No
I,m new on the forum and it has just occurred to me this might be the place to find out which TV program it was of the 1970s. An american TV show where the woman uses a Canon SLR or it could be a Nikon and she throws it up into the air on the credits . It could be the MTM show or Rhoda i would like to see that again , so if anyone knows please tell me, and to remember that you,ll have to be about 60 or older !.

I,m new on the forum and it has just occurred to me this might be the place to find out which TV program it was of the 1970s. An american TV show where the woman uses a Canon SLR or it could be a Nikon and she throws it up into the air on the credits . It could be the MTM show or Rhoda i would like to see that again , so if anyone knows please tell me, and to remember that you,ll have to be about 60 or older !.

Can't say I recall a camera being thrown.,....but you got me wracking my brains and had a look ~ in both MTM and Rhoda (an MTM production) the eponymous stars both threw hats, one threw it in the air and the other dropped hers!

I wonder if anyone can ID the program you recall???

As a side note, it always made me laugh on 70's cop shows, when on surveillance, their cameras made "Motordrive" sounds even when none were fitted! :)

They did love their "improved" sounds. I read that the engine sound in the famous car chase in Steve McQueen's Bullet was not the actual one of the car being driven ;)

PS or the "view" through binoculars.........though was perhaps pandering to the viewers having no idea that just what it really looked like to be seeing through binoculars??? ;)

Last edited:
They did love their "improved" sounds. I read that the engine sound in the famous car chase in Steve McQueen's Bullet was not the actual one of the car being driven ;)

They used the exact same engine sounds for another great 70s car chase movie - 'The Seven-Ups' - starring Roy Scheider and was made by the same production team as 'Bullitt'....even the same double-declutching noises were 'borrowed'....which always puzzled me, since the (Bullitt) Ford Mustang top-loader gearbox has synchro on all forward gears...as does the Saginaw 'box in Roy Scheiders 1973 Pontiac Ventura (The Seven-Ups).

It's all smoke and mirrors, this movie making malarkey!:giggle:

Sorry.... didn't mean to get off topic there!:sorry:

Off topic is fun , but i suppose in will have to keep looking for the answer as to what tv show it was LOL.
Yeah , how many gear shifts can one make in a car going at about 70 mph as you say smoke and mirrors.
There was some real rubbish in the 70s but it was quality rubbish unlike today !!!.
I still rate Buck Rogers in the 25th century though.
Anyhow thanks for all your answers .

Back