Can anyone do anything with this ?

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a photo of two of my grand kids that my daughter really likesand would like a canvas of, The problem is I caught another child (part of) I've tried cropping the image but for me it doesn't seem to work as well can anyone remove the child for me whilst still keeping the original image size? The image was taken using a phone and a retro camera app. If you think you can do it please send me a PM and I will send you a full size image.

Many thanks everyone.

low res copy

IMG-20190807-WA0013_1575316599586.jpg

Spot healing brush 2 mins, clone tool would do the same job (y)

BB-Copy.jpg

You’ve pulled back too hard on the highlights Brad and it’s left the ‘light grey’ patches.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, this photo was found on my wifes phone after I had,had to do a photo recovery after it had a melt down. I was convinced I had another higher res version of it which unfortunately does not seem to be the case ! So thanks for all your help/offers of help. As I remember this was on the Holga setting within the app so that explains the high light issue Mark. Your edited version will do me fine Cobra but if I do find the larger version I will send you a link to it Graham. I am fairly new to digital and have always used the Linux operating system so at the moment I have been trying various programs to edit my photos as yet I haven't found one with the right balance of ease of use and capabilities.

Gimp seems to be the Linux editor that comes closest to PS. I've never got on with it though and since I run Windows, I use PSE which does all I need and much, MUCH more!

Spot healing brush 2 mins, clone tool would do the same job (y)

View attachment 262294

That's great work, but the OP did mention "retro camera app" and I figure that's one of those apps designed to turn modern smartphone photos into photos that looked like they were done in the old days, and as far as I can tell, many of the prints in the past tend to have round corners, as with the OP's uploaded image. You've cropped it to modern straight corners.

Gimp seems to be the Linux editor that comes closest to PS. I've never got on with it though and since I run Windows, I use PSE which does all I need and much, MUCH more!
Gimp seems to be more or less a copy of the early version of photoshop, even the layout is nearly enough the same. To be fair theres not much you can't do with it.

That's great work, but the OP did mention "retro camera app" and I figure that's one of those apps designed to turn modern smartphone photos into photos that looked like they were done in the old days, and as far as I can tell, many of the prints in the past tend to have round corners, as with the OP's uploaded image. You've cropped it to modern straight corners.
Truthfully? I couldn't be arse to mask of the frame, while I was removing the offending article,
1) a frame is easy enough to replace
2) it was just to show the OP what could be done in a couple of minutes.

Back