Can you let me know if I'm going wrong?

Name
Oliver
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm fairly new to photography (3 years) and have an Instagram account dedicated to my predominately landscape photography - www.instagram.com/oliverabelphoto/

I want to know from you lot where my photos could generally improve? Or are they good and I just need more experience, picking up the camera and plugging away?
What is your instagram handle? I'll check you out too...see if I can learn from yourselves.

For those not willing to click on the link (understandable), here are a few photos...

Gimme a follow if you like :) if not, have a great day anyway :welcome:

No 1 problem is I really dislike instagram and the way it only displays tiny images. You almost have no idea what you are looking at. It's a phone only platform. It's also owned by fakebook.

1st image looks like your normal daytime shot of some coastline rocks. It's OK.
No 2 looks distinctly underexposed. You would not be happy with the prints for sure, but since phones have mega bright screens well past recommended levels people might find it OK.

Hi Oliver, welcome to the forum. There's already an instagram thread for users of that site, where you can post your username and exchange mutual follows: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/instagram-share-your-user-name.514016/

If you would like to post images a little larger in the image sharing sections of the forum for constructive critique then we'll all be happy to take a look - even better if you return the compliment and view & comment on other people's pictures too. You find a few of us can be very friendly, others a bit prickly and most somewhere in between, but advice on the forum is almost always useful. If you specifically only posted for likes & follows and have no intention of participating in TP then it's probably best to skedaddle now. ;)

As for these 2, tricky at the small size to make sensible comments. 1) is Man o'war bay I think, just to the left of Durdle Door, and is a well exposed and pleasant composition. 2) As LLP said, is very dark for an image that will be printed, although the colours are strong and probably looks fine on a typically over-bright screen that goes with most media consumption equipment.

I see no images to comment on.

Back