canal shot

Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes
dunham canal 11 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

dunham canal 13 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

as suggested a crop and heavier brush strokes
i know this is really not a proper shot but it makes me feel impotent after i do one...wish there was a rembrandt pp programme...:D

near dunham massey, cheshire
put some brush marks on it

???? WHY DO SOME SHOTS COME UP WITH THIS RED CROSS ON IT ????
CAN ANYONE SEE IT!!...ITS SET AS PUBLIC

cheers
geof

Last edited:

Interesting impressionist approach …
Why did you cut so short the brushstrokes?
What grounded the decision to stay closer to the real scene?

It has that 'Constable' look about it, but without the hay, and the wain, and the mill, and......not sure if that's what you intended G.
I'm on the fence with this one I'm afraid, but I will come back to it again.

The 'X' takes you to http://pix.ie/mrtoad/3816849 - so you must have it in your settings to appear?

The Red X when clicked on does take you to pix.ie - I assume the link for the thumbnail is missing??

I thought at first looking here, the shot was very grainy, but looking at a much larger size on Flickr you can see the artistic brush marks more clearly, this type of approach would suit a large canvas or where the subject matter is more prominent?

Maybe improved if you had cropped the bottom left quadrant to illustrate the brush markings and make the boat / cottage behind the main subject?
I do like this though, but prefer looking at a much larger size to see the brush marks artistry.

Interesting impressionist approach …
Why did you cut so short the brushstrokes?
What grounded the decision to stay closer to the real scene?

aha you spotted it...on your advice K i may try longer strokes...
cheers
geof

???? WHY DO SOME SHOTS COME UP WITH THIS RED CROSS ON IT ????
CAN ANYONE SEE IT!!...ITS SET AS PUBLICf

As I quoted your post in mine, I saw two pictures!
If you edit your post and delete references to the unwanted image…

The Red X when clicked on does take you to pix.ie - I assume the link for the thumbnail is missing??

I thought at first looking here, the shot was very grainy, but looking at a much larger size on Flickr you can see the artistic brush marks more clearly, this type of approach would suit a large canvas or where the subject matter is more prominent?

Maybe improved if you had cropped the bottom left quadrant to illustrate the brush markings and make the boat / cottage behind the main subject?
I do like this though, but prefer looking at a much larger size to see the brush marks artistry.

yes that is what K suggested...and really when i viewed it i thought surely everyone will look at the larger size...which means the brush strokes were too small
and your suggestion about the boat and cottage which i felt really made the shot's 'feel' of country life
cheers and thanks
geof

As I quoted your post in mine, I saw two pictures!
If you edit your post and delete references to the unwanted image…

yes this is confusing...it comes a red X then later seems to come up
i will use the host site for the second one in future...flikr...since it doesnt seem to give that 'problem'
will edit that post
cheers
geof

It has that 'Constable' look about it, but without the hay, and the wain, and the mill, and......not sure if that's what you intended G.
I'm on the fence with this one I'm afraid, but I will come back to it again.

The 'X' takes you to http://pix.ie/mrtoad/3816849 - so you must have it in your settings to appear?

please do old chap...its there for you to see...:)
i am going to try this technique..which is i know the disney variety of fotogafy...and covers a multitude of sins...but appeals to my background of design and draughting
good man
cheers
geof

Back