Canon 1DX Back button focus

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone.

I hope you can help me out, i recently bought a 1DX and it has no manual . I tried to switch to back button focus, but when i press the * button ,the camera switches from One shot to AI servo (when im set for one shot) its fine when i switch to AI Servo when shooting a match. But for presentation shots etc i want to focus to lock and "beep". I tried clearing all customs menu settings and clearing all camera settings. just in case the previous owner has it set up differently?

Any ideas how to get around it? I have the shutter button set to metering and the back button to AF start

Thanks

John

Thank for that,I had a look and seems like I have it set up ok. If I set the mertering/start for shutter button,all works fine. As soon as I set it to back button it switches the one shot to AI back and forth.

I'll keep playing.

Finally got it sorted, just in case anyone is interested, I went into Custom Controls and pressed the Trash Can on the bottom. This sets it back to the default of the Camera. then i just set up the back button ,shutter button and hey presto, all worked in AI Servo and One Shot.

Back