Canon EOS M Series Cameras

Any reason for selling?

I went to buy a 100D yesterday for a family member who is going abroad, really liked it and so bought one for myself as well (didn't go down that well when I got home ;))

I don't really have a need for 2 small bodies and a compact can do for the occasions when the 100D seems too big.

I was thinking of doing exactly the same as you, the 100d as a second smaller body. How do you find it size wise against the M?

Not a huge difference TBH, it'll fit into the same jacket pocket as the M with equivalent lens (so 100D+40 compared to M+22), neither is totally pocketable in the true sense of the word though. Both will fit into a really small bag (or in my case, into my iPad or laptop bag).

I went to buy a 100D yesterday for a family member who is going abroad, really liked it and so bought one for myself as well (didn't go down that well when I got home ;))

I don't really have a need for 2 small bodies and a compact can do for the occasions when the 100D seems too big.

I would imagine results would be fairly similar too.

Not a huge difference TBH, it'll fit into the same jacket pocket as the M with equivalent lens (so 100D+40 compared to M+22), neither is totally pocketable in the true sense of the word though. Both will fit into a really small bag (or in my case, into my iPad or laptop bag).
I know what you mean about the size, I just want something that can easily throw in a small case in a rucksack. I've loved having my M but went mountain biking with it couple of days ago and heaven forbid we actually had some sun, which unfortunately made using the M a nightmare as couldn't see the screen. Made me realise how much I do miss a viewfinder. Just had a look at a 100d and think it may replace my M :(
Classifieds will be flooded with M's soon..

After a nightmare day of trying to photograph St Mawes castle in amazingly good weather I was ready to slam the M into a wall. My eyesight isn't the best, but couldn't see anything on the screen today.
I can honestly say, if I didn't have the M3 coming (with EVF) I would be buying another camera this evening.

On the plus side, after getting very frustrated outside, we went into the castle. Considering how despondent I was 10 minutes earlier I got some okay shots (but a big touristy).

Roll on 2 weeks. I want my M3
(and I'm looking forward to having an infrared M)

Just received the black leather canon wrist strap from Amazon for £20 and took it out today, makes the EOS M again a much more portable option and its a really nice strap.

Also don't feel the need in any way to upgrade to the M3 for an extra £400 odd quid as it stands!

After a nightmare day of trying to photograph St Mawes castle in amazingly good weather I was ready to slam the M into a wall. My eyesight isn't the best, but couldn't see anything on the screen today.
I can honestly say, if I didn't have the M3 coming (with EVF) I would be buying another camera this evening.
I had same issue when using mine last week, really made me think about changing camera.

On the plus side, after getting very frustrated outside, we went into the castle. Considering how despondent I was 10 minutes earlier I got some okay shots (but a big touristy).

Roll on 2 weeks. I want my M3
(and I'm looking forward to having an infrared M)

could try

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfgfDzlfu7E

Right, had a play with the m3 today at the photography show. These were pre production cameras so no cards could be put in.
I looked at 2 or 3 different cameras and I noticed a difference in speed between them, just shows they were pre productions.

So compared to the m, the slight increase in size isnt really that much, the grip is a welcome addition and balences nicely with my 50-200 and adapter. Build quality is great all round, though I am not to convinced on the lcd arrangement though, it felt a bit flimsy, but it may have been me being over cautious and not being used to the movements.
Af speed, it is certainly quicker and more precise than the M, but personally I dont think its a huge improvement, its good bit not what I expected. I still think other systems will rank faster, but this is all subjective and remember these were pre production. Black out times seem less but couldnt tell without a card, it does seem better.
Focus peaking is great and works a treat.
The touch shutter button is nowhere to be seen on the screen, you turn it on or off in the menu.
Menu layout has changed but still very useable.
Buttons are very similar to the m, mode and exp. Dials on top are really nice to use.

I doubt Anyone buying it would be disappointed .

I didnt really want to put it down when i went back a 2nd time at the end of the day. I can see this continuing the enjoyment we get from our current M's.
Think that covers my thoughts unless I have missed anything.

I had same issue when using mine last week, really made me think about changing camera.

I've had this happen a few times as well, it's the reason I decided to buy the 100D when I saw how compact it was. In a small bag they both take up similar room, yet the 100D has the OVF built in (and unexpectedly I'm finding live view AF on the 100D to be better than the M). The extra 100grams in weight seems pretty insignificant for the improvements and additions it brings.

Right, had a play with the m3 today at the photography show. These were pre production cameras so no cards could be put in.
I looked at 2 or 3 different cameras and I noticed a difference in speed between them, just shows they were pre productions.

So compared to the m, the slight increase in size isnt really that much, the grip is a welcome addition and balences nicely with my 50-200 and adapter. Build quality is great all round, though I am not to convinced on the lcd arrangement though, it felt a bit flimsy, but it may have been me being over cautious and not being used to the movements.
Af speed, it is certainly quicker and more precise than the M, but personally I dont think its a huge improvement, its good bit not what I expected. I still think other systems will rank faster, but this is all subjective and remember these were pre production. Black out times seem less but couldnt tell without a card, it does seem better.
Focus peaking is great and works a treat.
The touch shutter button is nowhere to be seen on the screen, you turn it on or off in the menu.
Menu layout has changed but still very useable.
Buttons are very similar to the m, mode and exp. Dials on top are really nice to use.

I doubt Anyone buying it would be disappointed .

I didnt really want to put it down when i went back a 2nd time at the end of the day. I can see this continuing the enjoyment we get from our current M's.
Think that covers my thoughts unless I have missed anything.

Thank you Micheal.

So, does this mean my M3 has been shipped :)

amazonjp.JPG

I'm not 100% sure as it's Google Translated from Amazon Japan, but it does look that way.

Nice work, the 18-55 really is a brilliant little lens. What's the story behind those rocks??

On a different note, I had to approve a transaction from amazon.jp this afternoon..

Thank you, on the rocks I'm not sure, I have had a look around google but can't find anything that relates to it.

amazonjp.JPG

I'm not 100% sure as it's Google Translated from Amazon Japan, but it does look that way.

Looks good! Not long to go now then :)

amazonjp.JPG

If Japan uses the same tracking line as UK then it's at the 'in transit' stage.

image.jpg

lol, not a problem.

I would guess quite a few reviews will appear over the next week as it's now being sent out in Japan anyway, but if you (or anyone else) have any specific questions once I have the camera in hand I'll try to answer.
Great stuff. For me it'll be nice to just get your impressions compared to the original M, what got better (or worse!) :)

Ditto. Mine is on its way to Tenso too so if anyone has any questions I'll try and answer too when I get it
Excellent :)

Really quite miss my EOS-M

Notice Digitalrev have the M2 kit for £559 now .... tempted.
I'm tempted to sell mine, as since I bought a fuji X100S I rarely use it now, I bought the £599 kit from digitalrev in January. The 11-22mm is a cracking little lens as is the 55-200mm. I've a ridiculous number of cameras at the moment, I always plan to sell them on but I never do :rolleyes:

I'm tempted to sell mine, as since I bought a fuji X100S I rarely use it now, I bought the £599 kit from digitalrev in January. The 11-22mm is a cracking little lens as is the 55-200mm. I've a ridiculous number of cameras at the moment, I always plan to sell them on but I never do :rolleyes:

Give me a shout if you put it in the classifieds ... may be interested.

Will do, at the moment I'm not sure what I'll do, but I'll keep you in mind.

Ah ok, thought it might have been a bit pointless otherwise! Just refreshed it and I've got my ball back now :)

M3 now delivered to Tenso so now I need to wait for an email from them asking if they can insert the battery to ship (standard in Japan for international shipping).

From what I've read this could take a couple of days.

M3 now delivered to Tenso so now I need to wait for an email from them asking if they can insert the battery to ship (standard in Japan for international shipping).

From what I've read this could take a couple of days.
Sounds just like December 23rd when you're a kid :)

amazonjp.JPG

Same for me. No word from Tenso yet, but I think the standard Amazon.co.jp delivery is 2-3 days.

Nice work, the 18-55 really is a brilliant little lens. What's the story behind those rocks??

On a different note, I had to approve a transaction from amazon.jp this afternoon..

Just had another look on the net, the area behind these walls is an ancient sheep dip / wash area which appears to have been restored in 1986 . The words are actually lines written by the local parish and should read as this

In late May or June - The farmers brought their sheep - To wash their fleeces - In this deep pool - Burbling, bumbling, bleating - The waters bleat like a flock of sheep it dipped - Dip your ghosts into this hard, cold merky place - Hear their bleat in the water's rush to escape - The foam like wool pulsates - Damp leaves nothing behind but the trees' readiness. It appears to be a millenium project by the local parish

Just had another look on the net, the area behind these walls is an ancient sheep dip / wash area which appears to have been restored in 1986 . The words are actually lines written by the local parish and should read as this

In late May or June - The farmers brought their sheep - To wash their fleeces - In this deep pool - Burbling, bumbling, bleating - The waters bleat like a flock of sheep it dipped - Dip your ghosts into this hard, cold merky place - Hear their bleat in the water's rush to escape - The foam like wool pulsates - Damp leaves nothing behind but the trees' readiness. It appears to be a millenium project by the local parish
Nice one! I knew there must have been more too it. Interesting story, will have a look at that site when I get more time :)

Ha ha! I lost out on an a bid for one of those yesterday. Would love to see some pics from it :)

I realise I'm treading on dangerous territory but I used to shoot a Kiron 105mm on my NEX and got some good results. I was using it alongside an OM Zuiko 50mm 3.5 with tubes so whilst the Kiron was a longer FL, the OM delivered equally good results whilst being smaller/lighter so I stuck with that.

https://flic.kr/p/dvBWUs

My finger included to show the magnification

https://flic.kr/p/dC9J5N

https://flic.kr/p/dC4ixe

These were handheld with a flashgun and basic diffuser attached in my other hand.

Cheers
Steve

Back