Canon EOS M Series Cameras

I'd be quite surprised if you are able to tell the difference on a print at any normal size up to poster prints...

True, but I have this urge to preserve the moments in as high a quality as I can afford, I don't know why!

although I just worked out that 18mp is still enough pixels up to a 6k screen so as you say in reality there will be no difference, I can already see the hairs on my face

True, but I have this urge to preserve the moments in as high a quality as I can afford, I don't know why!

although I just worked out that 18mp is still enough pixels up to a 6k screen so as you say in reality there will be no difference, I can already see the hairs on my face
Hopefully it should enable you to have more cropping options.

My M3 got dispatched to Tenso today. Hopefully the wait won't be too long.

I've just had this email through from them:

Thank you for using Tenso!

We received the camera at our warehouse, but since it has a lithium battery inside, we are unable to register the item into your My Page.

Currently, the battery is separate from the device, and not inserted inside. According to EMS regulations, we cannot ship the item in its current state. The battery must be inserted into the device before we can ship it via EMS.

We insert the battery into the device and register the item into your My Page for EMS shipping.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Sincerely,
Tenso Customer Support Team

It looks like they are already inserting the battery but I replied saying "yes, please insert battery" just in case.

At least I know it's with them now and registered to me (not showing on my Tenso account page as yet)

The payment broke down as

4600 Yen Shipping Fee
1000 Yen Handling Fee
100 Yen for insurance

Total 5700 Yen or £32

I replied to their battery email this morning then within an hour got an email saying it had arrived at my Tenso address and was under my page.

The payment broke down as

4600 Yen Shipping Fee
1000 Yen Handling Fee
100 Yen for insurance

Total 5700 Yen or £32

I replied to their battery email this morning then within an hour got an email saying it had arrived at my Tenso address and was under my page.

Cool. On another forum someone is asking where you add the extra insurance. What did you do?

Ticked the box that said insured! :)

Basically it lists the shipping options in a table. EMS is first as its the recommended one (and also the only one that offers insurance). It shows Insured and Uninsured with a check box next to them both and defaults to Uninsured. I just clicked the box next to Insured and it added 100 Yen

Last edited:
Ticked the box that said insured! :)

Basically it lists the shipping options in a table. EMS is first as its the recommended one (and also the only one that offers insurance). It shows Insured and Uninsured with a check box next to them both and defaults to Uninsured. I just clicked the box next to Insured and it added 100 Yen

Thanks Neil.

Mine just arrived on "my page" as well. All paid :banana:

Think the chances of getting it before Easter are very slim David. It'll probably sit in customs over Easter. I'm not expecting it much before the 11th

I'm really hoping it gets here next Thursday - be great to have a play over Easter.
If not the Tuesday afterwards I guess.
I've just been asked to video a friends wedding ("no pressure or anything...") so I hope I can use it for that. It's next Sunday!

Can anyone recommend a decent (and cheap... Or value for money at least) external microphone?

I've just been asked to video a friends wedding ("no pressure or anything...") so I hope I can use it for that. It's next Sunday!

Can anyone recommend a decent (and cheap... Or value for money at least) external microphone?

I use a Zoom H1 which is very good but may be more than you want to spend.

It's on Amazon with it's accessory kit at the moment for £89 delivered
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ZOOM-H1-ACCESSORIES-Portable-recorder/dp/B004GUC8GY/ref=pd_cp_MI_0

The big advantage of it is that you can either connect it to your DSLR as a microphone or use it separately and record directly on it (then merge with video in PP).

It's available for less without the kit but if your using outside you'll want a wind shield.

I use a Zoom H1 which is very good but may be more than you want to spend.

It's on Amazon with it's accessory kit at the moment for £89 delivered
http://www.amazon.co.uk/ZOOM-H1-ACCESSORIES-Portable-recorder/dp/B004GUC8GY/ref=pd_cp_MI_0

The big advantage of it is that you can either connect it to your DSLR as a microphone or use it separately and record directly on it (then merge with video in PP).

It's available for less without the kit but if your using outside you'll want a wind shield.
Tascam DR07mk2 for me, one of my best purchases ever...
Thanks both, will check out those options.

This is interesting. I have been following this tenso thing. How do you use it? Do tenso do the shopping and shipping for you? Or do you have to purchase and get the seller to ship to tenso?

This is interesting. I have been following this tenso thing. How do you use it? Do tenso do the shopping and shipping for you? Or do you have to purchase and get the seller to ship to tenso?
The latter. Tenso provide you with a shipping address you can use for shopping with Japanese stores, then Tenso forward the package on when they receive it.

Ok. What about customs at our end? Are you all asking tenso to declare a lower value?

Basically what you do is go to tenso and create an account. They then give you a shipping address to use for Japanese domestic shipments.

You then order from a Japanese website and input the address tenso give you.

At some point you have to verify your ID with tenso. In my case I sent a photo of my driving license and there was a problem because my licence has my middle name on it and I only provided tenso with my first and last. Once I updated my account they verified the id and therefore my uk address.

Once your package gets delivered to tenso they notify you and ask you to pay for shipping. They give various options and they open your original shipment so that they know what they are selling on.

When you go to pay it gives all the details that they'll put on the customs form including the full value.

You pay the shipping fee and their handling charge and they post to you. You're then responsible for any customs fees at your end.

In this case the shipping, handling and insurance came to £34 for 2 day post.

The camera and EVF cost £335 so even with customs charges a significant saving.

Getting closer to some comparrisons then :D

Let's hope the battery life is better this time, otherwise us early adopters are going to be stuck with only one battery! No sign of any aftermarket batteries yet.

Can you guys let me know what sort of customs charges are applied for you guys when it arrives in the UK? For a £335 cost it should be around £65 plus a £10-20 processing fee. For the lucky ones, it should be free. Just want to get an idea of costs

Can you guys let me know what sort of customs charges are applied for you guys when it arrives in the UK? For a £335 cost it should be around £65 plus a £10-20 processing fee. For the lucky ones, it should be free. Just want to get an idea of costs
Even with those charges still quite a saving for those that have ordered from Japan.

I am assuming folk that are getting m3 evf kit and going to sell their M bodies. What sort of price are you asking for for the body?

Back