Canon IP4700 Printhead cleaning

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I've have a Canon Pixma IP4700 which has had very little use, but has been sitting for a while.
When I recently tried it, the print heards seem to be clogged or blocked and despite running the cleaning program several times I don't seem to be able to unblock them.

Can anyone suggest a method of clearing the blocked printheads?

Easy peasy ,take out the inks ,lift the grey lever beside the ink tray and lift out the print head .place in shallow plastic tray with about a quarter of a inch of warm water in it and gently shake ,drip some warm water onto the top end pads while shaking . Repeat several times till clean .

Unless you have a ultrasonic cleaner as that speeds it up a lot .

Once dry replace and use

Easy peasy ,take out the inks ,lift the grey lever beside the ink tray and lift out the print head .place in shallow plastic tray with about a quarter of a inch of warm water in it and gently shake ,drip some warm water onto the top end pads while shaking . Repeat several times till clean .

Unless you have a ultrasonic cleaner as that speeds it up a lot .

Once dry replace and use
Thanks very much for that, I'll get on to it.

I DO have a small ultrasonic cleaning bath, so I'll have to see if the print head will fit.
Presumably just plain, warm water again in the ultrasonic bath?
I normally use a detergent based cleaner in it.

Just plain warm water I did mine from my 6600d last weekend ,unfortunately it's not the print head my actual feed mechanism is seized up so the printer is terminal .btw there are videos on u.tube showing how its done ,plenty of kitchen roll to hand to as the ink is lethal .make sure you keep the electrical contacts dry so minimal water level,the print head will fit in a small ultrasonic bath

Don't run endless head cleans. Form four columns to more or less cover the page in Word, colouring them cyan, magenta, yellow and black. Place the printer on high resolution and run about 6 sheets. Then evaluate the printes nozzle test

Back