Canon iP8750 Issue - Last part of print quality terrible

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
No
I am having an issue with my printer Canon iP8750.

The last cm or so of prints are not printing correctly and look extremely grainy as you can see below.

What is causing this / how to fix?

I am printing via Lightroom on a Mac on Matt 230gsm paper by Fotospeed & Marrutt.

img.jpg

Thanks

None too sure but I wonder if this is scuffing as the paper has almost completed its path.

If so, I think is a setting lifts the head (for the whole print) to reduce or mitigate for that issue.

Edit ~ found it
Prevent Paper Abrasion

And the online manual says this:-

Print settings - Prevent paper abrasion
The printer can increase the gap between the print head and the paper during high-density printing to prevent paper abrasion.
Check this check box to prevent paper abrasion.

Last edited:
None too sure but I wonder if this is scuffing as the paper has almost completed its path.

If so, I think is a setting lifts the head (for the whole print) to reduce or mitigate for that issue.

Edit ~ found it
Prevent Paper Abrasion

The printer can increase the gap between the print head and the paper during high-density printing to prevent paper abrasion.

Thanks, I'll try with this checked and see if it fixes :)

Edit ~ found it
Prevent Paper Abrasion

Update - I tried this, unfortunately, it made it 10x worse :LOL:

Update - I tried this, unfortunately, it made it 10x worse :LOL:
Thanks for your update.......shame that was not a solution......:thinking:

Ummmm! a random thought? To determine if it is something about that image file (assuming you have reprinted the same file to 'test' print it again) or the printer itself. Turn the image round and print it the other way up i.e. if you still get the scuffing on the trailing edge it is the printer but if it appears on the leading edge it is the image file!

Hope that makes sense and maybe worth trying???

Thanks for your update.......shame that was not a solution......:thinking:

Ummmm! a random thought? To determine if it is something about that image file (assuming you have reprinted the same file to 'test' print it again) or the printer itself. Turn the image round and print it the other way up i.e. if you still get the scuffing on the trailing edge it is the printer but if it appears on the leading edge it is the image file!

Hope that makes sense and maybe worth trying???

Makes sense, though it is doing it with all images, unfortunately.

Maybe it is something to do with my paper size settings / borderless printing :/ It is worse on A3 as it seems to be a few cm instead of around 1cm on A4.

I am printing via Lightroom layout margins set to 0, cell size set to the exact measurements of paper A4, 297x210 A3, 420x297mm. Paper size setup to A4/A3 borderless.

Not what else to do now.

Thanks for trying to help!

Presumably it’s happening with different papers? Is it possible they are not completely flat?

I have tried with the two papers I have, Marrutt Matt and Fotospeed Matt.

The paper looks flat to me, I have come up with a workaround which helps. All have my prints have a light sky in them, I've starting flipping the prints so the last part that comes out is the light sky and it is barely noticeable. It seems it's worse in darker areas, which makes sense as it catches the eye more.

I have tried with the two papers I have, Marrutt Matt and Fotospeed Matt.

The paper looks flat to me, I have come up with a workaround which helps. All have my prints have a light sky in them, I've starting flipping the prints so the last part that comes out is the light sky and it is barely noticeable. It seems it's worse in darker areas, which makes sense as it catches the eye more.
It is really strange. If you ever get to the bottom of it, please share your findings.

Have you considered it may be some kind of blockage or air in the printhead, effectively causing a partial vacuum. I'd be tempted to get some cleaner and try flushing the head and then even putting some cheapo carts in and trying again.
I used to use something called printheadoctor liquid and cured many weird problems with printers. I used to have a Canon Pixma pro 100 that did weird things, I cleaned the head a few times for streaks and weird after effects and it nearly always worked. I think it was about attempt 12 that I got a permanently blocked or dead head.

Back