Canon menu IJ Preview Printing?

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I have a Canon iX model printer and a Canon Lide scanner, Use Qimage to print but everytime I click print up pops a Canon menu IJ Preview Printing and more it's an annoying thing to keep happening, looked online and seems I am not the only one with this problem however I cannot see an option to disable it and looking in the add/remove options on Win 10 there is nothing there to show it is even installed. Any Canon experts can help please? Couple screen shots to show that the preview before printing is unchecked also under the Main Tab. Thankyou. Russ.
Print ProbCanon Prob_1.jpg Qimage PrintCanon Prob_2.jpg

I sometimes use Qimage to print with my Canon Pro 1 via a MacBook. When I click print, I also get the print dialogue coming up, it never prints without it. Is this not just the normal process? When I print in Lightroom, the last thing I click on is 'printer' which also brings up this dialogue box. I just click OK after maybe checking that everything is as I would like it.

I sometimes use Qimage to print with my Canon Pro 1 via a MacBook. When I click print, I also get the print dialogue coming up, it never prints without it. Is this not just the normal process? When I print in Lightroom, the last thing I click on is 'printer' which also brings up this dialogue box. I just click OK after maybe checking that everything is as I would like it.
Hi, I don't no why this has started to happen, I have used Qimage for some time and never happened before as the additional Canon print box that pops up has nothing to do with qimage. Thankyou, Russ.

Hi, I don't no why this has started to happen, I have used Qimage for some time and never happened before as the additional Canon print box that pops up has nothing to do with qimage. Thankyou, Russ.
I can't quite see from the image which pop up box you mean and I can't read what they say. I'm also using mine on a Mac which may be different. When I click print, the dialogue box that pops up looks to be the Mac equivalent of your big picture on top there and not one of the smaller onscreen ones which I can't make out.

If this is something that hasn't happened before, has there been an update maybe?

I can't quite see from the image which pop up box you mean and I can't read what they say. I'm also using mine on a Mac which may be different. When I click print, the dialogue box that pops up looks to be the Mac equivalent of your big picture on top there and not one of the smaller onscreen ones which I can't make out.

If this is something that hasn't happened before, has there been an update maybe?
Hi, This I hope is a larger part of the smaller screen part showing when I click print in qimage, you can see at the top LEFT side Canon iJ Thankyou, Russ.
Print Prob.JPG

Last edited:
Ah I see - so what you're seeing is a preview of the unclog pattern. That is a checkbox in the unclog schedule... or do you get this preview whatever you're printing? In which case I'm at a loss.

Is your unclog schedule set to run?

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 13.53.09.png

Last edited:
Ah I see - so what you're seeing is a preview of the unclog pattern. That is a checkbox in the unclog schedule... or do you get this preview whatever you're printing? In which case I'm at a loss.

Is your unclog schedule set to run?

View attachment 140358
Hi, No I used the unglog print option just to get something to print so the image in my last post pops up, it does not matter what I set to print that image pops up. Thankyou, Russ

Ah I see, that slightly muddied the waters. So the unclog preview pops up even though you may be about to print a different image.... but in this instance you decided to print an unclog schedule.

So just to be sure, your unclog schedule is set to Never and the display pop up message is not ticked within the unclog schedule? It's just I was thinking if this had been left scheduled, then it might kick off when you next turn on your printer and will display the preview if it's ticked.

Ah I see, that slightly muddied the waters. So the unclog preview pops up even though you may be about to print a different image.... but in this instance you decided to print an unclog schedule.

So just to be sure, your unclog schedule is set to Never and the display pop up message is not ticked within the unclog schedule? It's just I was thinking if this had been left scheduled, then it might kick off when you next turn on your printer and will display the preview if it's ticked.
Hi, No I print an unclog pattern manually every 3 or 4 days this additional Canon iJ preview pops up on anything I place in Qimage to print, Click Qimage print and up it pops. Thankyou, Russ.

I'm afraid I've run out of ideas. I did a quick google and one thing I read was that the preview window was to do with the driver and not Qimage. You could try checking you've got the latest driver maybe. I'd be interested to know if you get it sorted.

By the way I've been running unclog schedules when I've gone away, but on the latest info to do with my printer, it seems like it's not really saving any ink in the long run, but it is probably keeping me clog free.

Back