Canon Pixma IP110 printer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Mr Compatible Ink
Edit My Images
No
Hello does anyone have any experience with this particular printer?

It turns on ok, but the ink carriage doesn't move, in fact the carriage is very easy to move left or right, the error lights flash twice and according to Canon this means that either, there is no paper in the rear tray, or the paper size in the print settings and the size of the loaded paper do not match.
Neither of these solutions seem right to me.

Can anyone help?

EDIT As far as i know this printer has never had any compatible inks in it, only OEM, none by me anyway, that seems to matter to a certain person, i wonder how all the compatible ink companies are still in business PMSL.

Thanks

Last edited:
Might be that compatible ink that's gummed up the works.

Kindly stay out of my threads with your stupid remarks, thanks.

Can you really, I mean really, not contemplate the possibility that Riche's post was a bit of a typo and that seeking clarification in a polite, normal, human way, might help you?

My comment was in reply to this post from the OP last week
"And i have not had any problems using compatible inks, with my Canon and HP printers"

I did think that maybe a firmware update had detected a cartridge which wasn't chipped.
Question is now, does he use compatible ink or not and who cares after that rude response

Question is now, does he use compatible ink or not and who cares after that rude response

The opening thread has been edited to clarify.

Nonetheless given that it wasn't clear initially and that the OP had stated in a previous posting that he's not had problems using compatible inks, his rude reply was out of order.

@Swissy I've used canon printers for years ( pixmas but not the 110) and never had problems so I can't offer advice, mindst given the OPs attitude, I 'd now be reluctant to give it anyway.
Best of luck resolving the issue!

My comment was in reply to this post from the OP last week
"And i have not had any problems using compatible inks, with my Canon and HP printers"

I did think that maybe a firmware update had detected a cartridge which wasn't chipped.

What the hell is wrong with you?
How do you know what the history of this printer is?
I've only had this printer a day ffs, yet now according to you i have compatible inks in every printer, i have it at the side of my bed at night too lol.

You seem to be on a mission to troll me just because of a reply i made to you weeks ago, that you didn't agree with, on a completely different thread, grow up and let it go :D

Asha i hope this explains my initial curt reply to the troll :D

Last edited:
Wind your neck in mate, sit back and look at your last post.
You ask what is wrong with me, really did wonder about printers not wanting to work with unchipped cartridges.

No interest in trolling you, not even sure what it means and have no idea what that beside the bed bit is.
I don't care whether you buy genuine cartridges or three for a fiver down the market
If it don't work send it back or is that just having a dig?

Can admin please close this thread before i get banned :D

For anyone who's interested i found the problem, a small plastic gear had sheared and i'm hoping when i replace it the printer will work again, with OEM ink or compatible :D

Can admin please close this thread before i get banned :D

well, there doesn't seem to be much point keeping it open as you've found the problem and it wasn't ink related.

for what it's worth, there's a really useful thing you can use if someone's getting on your tits. it's called the ignore button. Click on their name and press ignore, and you won't be troubled by seeing what they've written. Or, you could just not read what they post :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back