Canon Pixma Pro-1

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Guys I went into my local WEX to buy seamless paper and they have an ex display model Canon Pro 1 printer for £299. Would you buy this?

I am looking for a quality printer to provide prints for clients as I shoot baby and school images but I know very little about setting up a home printer.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Be aware that a full set of genuine inks (pigment actually) costs approximately 250 quid.
I have a Pixma Pro 10 which is the next model down, prints from that are excellent, but far from economical.
If you want it for professional purposes I would suggest using a print lab.
Its a hobby thing for me, I enjoy printing my photos and accept the high cost of inks as part and parcel of owning it

Last edited:
Or you can get compatible inks for £100ish.

Or you can get compatible inks for £100ish.

Which are more likely to gum up the innards and clients might be a bit peeved if the colours fade.
I use compatibles on my little A4 printer which is used mainly for printing documents.
Decided against it on the Pro 10, bought a pigment printer for the quality so why buy second rate consummables

Hi mate, it's not for my actual school photos as they've been printed in DS Colour in batches but I'm getting more kids being brought from other schools and it would be nice to send their parents home with their packs. Regarding the costs I assumed they would be more expensive than printers but when I add postage to single orders often it might even itself out.
Be aware that a full set of genuine inks (pigment actually) costs approximately 250 quid.
I have a Pixma Pro 10 which is the next model down, prints from that are excellent, but far from economical.
If you want it for professional purposes I would suggest using a print lab.
Its a hobby thing for me, I enjoy printing my photos and accept the high host of inks as part and parcel of owning it

Last edited:
Which are more likely to gum up the innards and clients might be a bit peeved if the colours fade.
I use compatibles on my little A4 printer which is used mainly for printing documents.
Decided against it on the Pro 10, bought a pigment printer for the quality so why buy second rate consummables

And i have not had any problems using compatible inks, with my Canon and HP printers.

Back