Canon Pro 1/10/100 - Owners Thread

Anyone know what if any are the differences between the PRO 100 and the Pro 100s

If its the same as the Pro10 and 10s its to do with the implementation and improvement of wi-fi and in particular cloud connectivity

I have recently purchased a Pro100s and I am extremely pleased with the colour prints from the printer.

The Black and White prints not so!

I have a slight blue/green cast that i can't get rid of! I have tried the following:

Printing in Canon Pro Studio
making a Pattern Print
Turning Off colour management in the print driver
Letting Photoshop Manage colours
Using paper profiles
ticking the Black & white print checkbox in driver
Building specific B & W profiles with x-rite i studio

But still can't get rid of this cast

Printer is using genuine Canon cartridges but not paper; paper is Ilford Gallerie.

Can anyone help?

I have recently purchased a Pro100s and I am extremely pleased with the colour prints from the printer.

The Black and White prints not so!

I have a slight blue/green cast that i can't get rid of! I have tried the following:

Printing in Canon Pro Studio
making a Pattern Print
Turning Off colour management in the print driver
Letting Photoshop Manage colours
Using paper profiles
ticking the Black & white print checkbox in driver
Building specific B & W profiles with x-rite i studio

But still can't get rid of this cast

Printer is using genuine Canon cartridges but not paper; paper is Ilford Gallerie.

Can anyone help?

I've seen this problem get mentioned before and its got to do with the printer using all the ink tanks to print.
Recall its worse the glossier the paper you use, maybe try on matt or similar.
Don't think it can be completely cured apart from perhaps going to a pigment printer rather than dye.
Can't say I have noticed it on a couple of B&W prints from my Pro10 which is pigment based.
That was using a custom profile on Permajet Oyster, but not that it helps you really apart from trying a custom profile created for yourself.

Last edited:
I've seen this problem get mentioned before and its got to do with the printer using all the ink tanks to print.
Recall its worse the glossier the paper you use, maybe try on matt or similar.
Don't think it can be completely cured apart from perhaps going to a pigment printer rather than dye.
Can't say I have noticed it on a couple of B&W prints from my Pro10 which is pigment based.
That was using a custom profile on Permajet Oyster, but not that it helps you really apart from trying a custom profile created for yourself.
(y)

I'm convinced it is the paper; when I look at the print on it's own it looks great but it doesn't match the monitor image, unlike the colour prints which are absolutely perfect!

Forgot to say the image isn't a colour conversion - they are from B & W negatives.

(y)

I'm convinced it is the paper; when I look at the print on it's own it looks great but it doesn't match the monitor image, unlike the colour prints which are absolutely perfect!

Forgot to say the image isn't a colour conversion - they are from B & W negatives.

Perhaps try getting a custom profile on semi matt paper, seems like you have tried almost everything else.
Had one thought, have you tried any of the fine art settings?

*edit* just had a google and it seems that fine art paper might help because the printer will then use the grey ink rather than try to make it from a mixture of all the others

Last edited:
Perhaps try getting a custom profile on semi matt paper, seems like you have tried almost everything else.
Had one thought, have you tried any of the fine art settings?

*edit* just had a google and it seems that fine art paper might help because the printer will then use the grey ink rather than try to make it from a mixture of all the others

Thanks for the suggestions Rich - I'm sure it is the paper.

I have just got really good results now using the custom paper profile I built and then printing through canon Studio Pro but adding 5 points of Magenta; just like the monitor (Which is calibrated) so very happy :)

Can the Canon Pro 100S be connected to PC via cable instead of WIFI ?

Just a gentle note that, having disposed of my Pro-100, I have some new cartridges left over and for sale in classifieds.

Back