Beginner Canon Selphy CP910 Calibration - is it possible??

Edit My Images
No
Good Evening,

As the title surgests is it possible to calibrate a Selphy CP910? I currently print using Lightroom on a iMac which is Calibrated using a Colourmunki Display. I don't print a lot but when I do the colours don't seem to 'POP' as they do on screen.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards..

Not sure it's possible to play with the printer's settings but it may be possible to set up your system through the back door(ish) by matching how the shot looks on screen to how the print looks. FWIW, Selphy prints can look a bit flat compared to better inkjet prints since the Selphies only have 3 colours so their gamut is reduced a bit.

Thanks for the reply, yep that sounds like a possible solutions, I could set up a screen profile to match the selphy and have a separate profile for when I send off prints. I'll have to have a play.

I'm not expecting a perfect result, as you said the selphy only has the 3 colours.

Cheers.

In the printer driver/dialog, is there the option to turn off colour management? If you can do that, colour management will then be handled by the application not the printer driver. Then you just need a profile for your printer – there are places out there that will generate an icc file for you when you send them a special test print. Once you have that, you can apply that profile to your images in Lightroom before printing. If you can't turn off color management in the driver, you could still use the profile to soft-proof.

I should possibly add that I don't bother with trying to calibrate mine! I use it on holiday to print my own photos as postcards, sometimes adding captions to the face as well. Last time I worked it out, it was about 20-25p per card.

Ahh OK, I must admit I didn't realise you can run a separate profile via lightroom. I thought the profile had to be done in the printer manager bit in settings much like the monitor is. And as there wasn't an option to set a custom profile I didn't think I could.

I'll have a look at either sending off or purchasing a printer calibration device.

Many thanks

As long as the printer driver lets you turn off colour management.

Back