Canon UK customer Services

Xup

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone here with a good customer service phone No for Canon UK,

My Problem being, my 8 week old 40d (at time of failure) has been with Canon for over 3 weeks for repair, they are still awaiting Parts as of today.

It seems I have at least another 2 week wait before I have any hope of seeing my near new 40D back, Is this acceptable ?, Not to me.

Looking to Canon, to hopefully to send out a NEW replacement ??.

What are your thoughts on this Guys.

Cheers
Martin

If it went to Canon try

0844 369 0100

Any know the tel number for Canon DSLR servicing department ?

Yes, it's 02087314100

Canon (UK) RCC
Unit 130 Centennial Park
Centennial Avenue
Elstree Hill South
Borehamwood
Elstree
Hertfordshire
WD6 3SE

I always use the Canon RCC and have never really waited for anything apart from a 430ex which was about 2 weeks as they had no parts.

Every other time I've sent anything it's normally been one week.

Yes, it's 02087314100

Canon (UK) RCC
Unit 130 Centennial Park
Centennial Avenue
Elstree Hill South
Borehamwood
Elstree
Hertfordshire
WD6 3SE

I always use the Canon RCC and have never really waited for anything apart from a 430ex which was about 2 weeks as they had no parts.

Every other time I've sent anything it's normally been one week.

Thats the No. I have been using, to contact them............. A repair time of 5+ weeks on a near new 40D is a Joke !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:, well ****ed off with Canon.

Think I will be a D300 owner within the Next two weeks , bye bye Canon.

Do You guys think this wait is OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????, I see it as the 40D is Unfit for purpose, due to a unreasonable time to repair.

Good mind to refuse anything else to do with it and claim the Money back on my CC, or am I being unreasonable ?

Think I would be ****ed off too waiting that long.

I find it hard to believe they don't have parts, for probabaly, the most popular dslr there is.

They had no parts for my 430ex I sent off a couple of weeks ago. Again probabaly the most popular flashgun.

oh balls - just sent my 40D for repair, hope they dont "run out of parts" for mine :(

you do seem to be waiting longer than you should be. Changing brand wont make much difference to canon. Why? because they've already had your money. Changing to Nikon does seem a good option. Personally if it was mine, and I'd taken it back to the shop, I ask for my money back, or tell them you want another brand camera, ie the Nikon, as you've not had your camera which you've paid money for, for over a month.

Good Luck

I sent my 40d off last Tuesday morning (RMSD) as the shutter was not always firing and the lcd sometimes didn't illuminate. They fitted a new 'PCB' and did some 'adjustments etc.

I got it back today......now that's quick :)

Don't quote me on this but from I understand statorotry rights the turnaround is six weeks. At least thats the average for most companies/warrinites policies A've seen. For example Currys what ever happens say if the item can not be reparied within 6 weeks or it will cost more to repair then vouchers to current market vaulue of the same or similar specification will be issued sometimes a refurbished will be given.

noooooooooo.... I'm expecting my 40D back wednesday after 2 weeks being repaired by an Canon authorised service centre...

I hope so anyway now after reading this thread.

Mine had a shutter button problem.

I sent my 40d off last Tuesday morning (RMSD) as the shutter was not always firing and the lcd sometimes didn't illuminate. They fitted a new 'PCB' and did some 'adjustments etc.

I got it back today......now that's quick :)

I am glad you had the service , we expect, I too would be very happy with your outcome :).

Is It me or do I see an awful lot of 40D going in for repair, this cant be good, just look at this thread, lots of people shipping them back for repair.

Problem with mine was/is, the wheel by the shutter release stooped working, I had no way to change shutter speed in TV or change the Aperture setting as the wheel had failed.

During the first six months it's up to the seller to sort out the problem (refund, replace, compensate).

i have alway found canon customer service to be pants - i would recomend fixation or colchester camera centre - both seem to understand customer service.....

I am glad you had the service , we expect, I too would be very happy with your outcome :).

Seems I didn't 'get the service' as I used the camera for the first time yesterday and it still has the same problem.

I even enclosed a note to the 'technician' and explained it in detail.

It's such a simple problem I can't believe it's come back unrepaired.

The actual problem (intermittant) is the shutter button...it simply doesn't fire the camera even though I can feel and hear it click when pressed.

Oh well, back it goes in the morning.

Seems I didn't 'get the service' as I used the camera for the first time yesterday and it still has the same problem.

I even enclosed a note to the 'technician' and explained it in detail.

It's such a simple problem I can't believe it's come back unrepaired.

The actual problem (intermittant) is the shutter button...it simply doesn't fire the camera even though I can feel and hear it click when pressed.

Oh well, back it goes in the morning.

Exactly the same problem with mine man. Repaired though (under warranty) by Colchester Camera Repair

Finally received my 40D back :), still well ****edoff with Canon, over 4 weeks to repair.:thinking:

Am not sure about any other camera makers but for me, owning canons, I find them pretty crap once you need any repairs, what makes matters worse is that finding any kind of contact number on the website is close to impossible. On two occasions I have requested a repair (same repair damaged filter holder) to be told they will send me an e mail and it never arrived, in the end I used Fixation, at least they reply to mails. Makes me so mad too as I have spent so much of my money on their products. :bonk:

Canon RCC Elstree have now had my 3 month old 40D in for curtain/shutter repairs for over 3 weeks now. They sent me an email saying it was fixed and dispatched via UPS in the first week. Upon having no luck with the tracking code, it transpired that, that email was for them internally, as they'd shipped the camera off to A J Johnston for a quicker turn around. I'm still waiting to hear from someone as to what the bloody hell is going on!
Absolutely livid! Will be raising hell via letters, emails and phone calls with Canon HQ about this. It's a bloody joke!

Back