Can't beat a good stretch...

You must've got muddy for that one Russ, love the POV. Nicely exposed, sharp and a bit different with the stretch.

Can't fault that, it's a cracker.
It's great when you can shoot a bird doing something different,

Thank you Dale - glad you like it :)
You must've got muddy for that one Russ, love the POV. Nicely exposed, sharp and a bit different with the stretch.
- muddy trousers my friend! This distant shot was at the limit of my 7D2 + 300mm + x2 TC combo - so I was happy with the sharpness. Flight shot are a different matter though - must do more testing!

Russ

Makes me want to have a stretch myself. Lol. Another lovely shot,Russ.

I love this type of picture. The background gives great subject separation.

How are you finding the 300 + 2X combo?
I bottled it and bought the 1.4X to go with my 300 after reading the internet horror stories about image degradation and slow AF.

Makes me want to have a stretch myself. Lol. Another lovely shot,Russ.
- Cheers John - it's like when someone yawns near you, you just have to join in; lol :)
I love this type of picture. The background gives great subject separation.
How are you finding the 300 + 2X combo? I bottled it and bought the 1.4X to go with my 300 after reading the internet horror stories about image degradation and slow AF.
- glad you like the shot, Tony :)
- regarding the 300+x2 combo on my cropped frame 7D2, I will only use it in good light and for static birds due to lower IQ and slow AF. I have, however, seen some very good results from Canon Toggers who use the combo on a F/F 1DXii for BIF, so I believe the camera itself plays a major part in that success.
Not a good day at the bank unless you go home covered in mud! Really good work Russ, well worth the effort. Perfect pose and the low POV has given a beautiful BG. Mike
- from one "mud monkey" to another, I thank you Mike ;)

Russ

Lovely detailed shot- lots around at the moment, Redshank, not detailed shots :) :) :)

Les

Back