1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I have both my PC and Android phone set to night mode. That's the way I like it!
    This thread
    https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/bose-accused-of-data-mining-their-users.652286/
    Doesn't show the comments made. I can see the blue link, and what I assume are quotes from it, but I cannot read what OP has written. If I stare at the screen I can make out black lettering , but on a black background. I've noticed this happening with other threads.
    So what is happening? Is it the way the posters have their display set up that clashes with the way I'm set up, or is there some bug somewhere?

2. Tori_T

Tori_T Staff Member

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    For some reason, the OP had selected black text as an option for their post; this will be shown across all themes, including night (which isn't readable), and isn't needed in the other three.
    I've removed that bit of formatting, so the post should be visible to all members now. (y)

3. Nod

Nod Ethel Prescott

Name:
    Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Is that on both devices, Frank? I'm usually a Dusk viewer but have switched to Night to see if I get your problem and all's well (other than that I hate reading white on black!) The only thing that's hard for me to see is the "Media Gallery Embed" button (looks like a camera) between the Insert... and Drafts buttons.

4. Nod

Nod Ethel Prescott

Name:
    Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes

So, to hide my posts from Frank's prying eyes ( :p:p:p ), all I have to do is this?

5. Tori_T

Tori_T Staff Member

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You say we're worth our pay, but you're determined to make us earn it, aren't you? I hate Nod.gif

Nod likes this.
  6. Nod

Nod Ethel Prescott

Name:
    Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Allegedly, someone finds work for idle hands so I'm just keeping you busy!

Once again, thanks to you all for the work you do for the good of the forum out of the goodness of your hearts (except for Chris - I'm not sure he really has one...) It really is appreciated, even when sanctions are taken against me.

7. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    @Nod, yes on both devices. The print was coming up black instead of white. It's not just the mentioned thread, it's been happening frequently/ Hopefully the tweak will stop it recurring.

Now to hide your posts from me all you need to do is

Understand that?

8. Tori_T

Tori_T Staff Member

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ooo, right. Would you like a suspension? I have one ready. :D Banned.gif

9. Tori_T

Tori_T Staff Member

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Could you report a few, please, when you come across them?
    It might be a bug, but I'm not sure yet.

10. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
  11. Nod

Nod Ethel Prescott

Name:
    Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Not ideal but a quick and easy way to see the black text on the night background is to highlight it using the mouse. Easy on a computer but less so on a phone/tablet.

12. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Shouldn't need to though. Obviously a flaw somewhere in the innards. Now if you were a geek.....

13. Keith W

Keith W Rudolph

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    CSS for that style needs the default font color changing to white

14. Tori_T

Tori_T Staff Member

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It is.
    The problem is due to BBCode in the posts explicitly setting black (or very dark) font colours.
    Need to investigate if this is something the posters did intentionally, or if there's a bug somewhere causing it.

15. Keith W

Keith W Rudolph

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Just had a quick peek at the post linked above and it would seem it was the poster who formatted the post

Code:
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=rgb(25, 25, 25)]

16. TheBigYin

TheBigYin Staff Member

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
  17. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Does that mean it won't happen again, or do you refer just to this post?

18. TheBigYin

TheBigYin Staff Member

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    just that post - i'm good, but I'm not that good...

19. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well you and I can't be the only creatures of the night. Is it possible for someone with knowledge of these things to stop it happening?

20. TheBigYin

TheBigYin Staff Member

Name:
    Mark
    Edit My Images:
    No
    that'd be that there @Marcel you'd need to berate...

21. mickledore

mickledore

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Think any berating is better coming from yourself. I'm just a mere mortal.

22. Keith W

Keith W Rudolph

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I doubt it is being done deliberately and they are probably not even using the night theme , people format there posts all the time using the tools provided (BBCode)

I would says it's occurrence are really few and far between and to try and "fix" it would be a PITA and is probably not feasible

23. Marcel

Marcel Kim Jong Bod Staff Member Admin

Name:
    Marcel
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    It is possible to remove the ability to use colour in posts (By removing the permission for that particular BB Code), however this seems to be overkill for something that pops up quite rarely. If there's a post where this happens, a quick reply to ask the poster not to do it is the best answer I think :)