Canvas prices

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been asked for a 60cm x 40cm canvas of one of my prints. To date, I've not had any requests for canvas, so I'm keen to progress this order to see how it looks, however looking at trade prices for canvas (Loxley, OVI, TCP, etc are all in the £40-60 price bracket) vs consumer prices for canvas (funkypigeon, Bonusprint, Snapfish, hellocanvas, etc all appear to be on sale at around £25-35, though some appear to be on offer, but others aren't) I need to understand what the differences are likely to be between the 2 products.

Partly, I have a sneaking suspicion the customer is aware of consumer prices and has an expectation that buying the print will be in this £25-35 sort of ballpark, which is why they've asked for a canvas. It obviously won't be, even were I to print through one of these discounted consumer sites rather than trade professional, as I need to add on my percentage. So I probably need to explain to the customer why the price is that much more before I even start! However given the massive price differential, I want to understand myself why professional trade will be that much better?

Anyone able to advise??

If you google around you'll find loads of internet sites doing canvas prints cheap, but most of them are crap.

I've used several and had loads of arguments with them when the colour balance has been totally out, no details in black or whites, they are just pure blobs and so on.
I've tried new cheap suppliers and been very, very clear with them that I've had these issues with previous suppliers and I need a professional quality product, and still they can't deliver. They have no clue.

There is no way they are good enough to be a professional product with my name on it, and besides anyone can easily google the same and go out and get these for cheap, and I've also heard customers making the same complaints.

So if a customer is coming to you they really expect a top notch canvas, and therefore its best to stick with one of the pro labs. Yes, they cost a lot more, yes you have to charge the customer a lot more, but I've never had any complaints, they know they are paying for quality and they expect professional quality.

I've had canvases from Tradecanvas and Snapmad, and the quality is very similar in terms of image appearance. Higher prices (including from tradecanvas) may get desirable features like thicker frame timber, better finished corners and tapes over staples.

+1 fir Trade Canvass Prints

Superb speed and service and if you use "TP10" you get 10% discount too

Another user of TradeCanvasPrint. Used them for some years after they first appeared as an advertiser on here and were happy to provide answers etc. I've got about 9 hanging around my house currently, still looking good and I've sold several others. Quality has maintained consistently high from them over the years, so I've seen no call to look elsewhere.

Im late to the party and don't know what the OP went with but Ive just ordered a 36 x 12 inch canvas off TradeCanvasPrint, Ive never even had a canvas before never mind had anything so big printed! So, hopefully it will look good when it comes!

Another recommendation for Trade Canvas Print, I have used them, and also been given canvas from other suppliers and TCP always come out on top for me.

Back