Captain Hook's Day Out

Name
Sam
Edit My Images
Yes
I went out yesterday to take some shots at the local beach/harbour and also to take a couple of test shots with my new Cameron 70-300mm lens. Below are some of the shots, let me know what you think, and any constructive criticism/comments are appreciated and what I'm hoping for. :)

24615600062_85aeb7a9de_b.jpg

24365768429_271f978c8c_b.jpg

24365712109_e32256a986_b.jpg

More on my Flickr page

Hi Sam. You picked a rare sunny day by the looks of things. I quite like #2 - the seaweed makes quite a nice abstract - got lots of detail and the DoF is good. Hook is nicely composed with that boat in the bg but I'm not sure what the object is in #3. The only downside to sunshine is the harsh shadows it produces. :clap:

Hi Sam. You picked a rare sunny day by the looks of things. I quite like #2 - the seaweed makes quite a nice abstract - got lots of detail and the DoF is good. Hook is nicely composed with that boat in the bg but I'm not sure what the object is in #3. The only downside to sunshine is the harsh shadows it produces. :clap:

Yeah it was a rare day, however, very windy. I think it is a bottle lid of some sort, but I'm not so sure myself haha. I just liked the colours.

I agree with the harshness of the shadow and when Spring comes or a nice day again in the Winter, I will probably pop down there at sunset and get some nice shots there.

Thank you for your comments. Much appreciated. :):ty:

Back