Captive Audience

Name
Hazel
Edit My Images
No
Saw this chap (chapess?) yesterday at Holowell. Not my normal subject and my first attempt at a birdie photo.
20080705_0591_Bird.jpg

I love it, what a beautiful bird, lots of detail and lovely feather definition, Thanks for sharing!

A truely Great shot, you ought to be very prous of that one :)

Very good, good balance, sharp in the right places, would have liked a touch more DOF, but probably difficult in respect of the light.

Out of interest - can anyone enlighten me as to what sort of bird it was? I know nothing..................:help:

thats a cracking shot:clap:

I don`t think anyone could fault that, excellent photo.........(y)

:agree: with other comments above that it is a really lovely image and has a great composition ... (y) ... but I feel the focus is a little forward of the eyes and possibly centred on the cere ... :shrug: ... however it is a super first attempt ... ;)

I am not an expert on captives by any stretch but it is not a thoroughbred that's for sure ... as a captive I would guess it is likely to be a Lanner/Peregrine type cross of some sort with plenty of mix in it to try and breed the perfect captive/display bird ... :cautious:

:p

Out of interest - can anyone enlighten me as to what sort of bird it was? I know nothing..................:help:

Its difficult to say really as ven said there is so much hybridization amoungst display birds but I am inclined to think that there is saker in there due to the slight "blueing"

Back