Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

Thanks, George. :)

They saw you coming. ;):D

I'm normally strictly a greasy spoon type of guy but just occasionally I go up market. Although it's not as strict in there now as it used to be with regards to dress code etc and you're now even allowed to take photos. It's also fairly recently had a complete refurbishment.

Last edited:
@garryknight Garry, this is just a long shot but while we're on the subject of posh places to eat etc.

Many, many moons ago (and I do mean a long time ago) while I was on a visit to the UK I was taken to a London restaurant and bar room that had an ornate rock pool with live baby crocodiles in it, I think it was somewhere in the West End. I don't suppose you happen to know what that establishment was called do you?

@garryknight Garry, this is just a long shot but while we're on the subject of posh places to eat etc.

Many, many moons ago (and I do mean a long time ago) while I was on a visit to the UK I was taken to a London restaurant and bar room that had an ornate rock pool with live baby crocodiles in it, I think it was somewhere in the West End. I don't suppose you happen to know what that establishment was called do you?
Beachcomber Bar in Mayfair Hotel?

Many, Many, thanks. That's exactly the place I remember and it actually shows where I sat by the side of the rock pool. While looking at the Hawaiian band I actually recognise the guy strumming the little ukulele, his name is/was Les and he used to play in the Tropical Trio at "The Prospect Of Whitby" bar room in Wapping.

"How on earth did you find that piece of film? I've tried on many occasions to find something about that place with sadly no results"

I'm normally strictly a greasy spoon type of guy but just occasionally I go up market. Although it's not as strict in there now as it used to be with regards to dress code etc and you're now even allowed to take photos. It's also fairly recently had a complete refurbishment.

I'll have to take your word for it, George. It's definitely above my pay grade these days.

They're all above my pay grade.

Ah! Rich guy Roger knows it! :D

Google is your friend George!

Believe it or not I did actually try to find the place using Google, maybe you used different search words to me.

This is Inish.
I spotted Inish as I was crossing Pero's Bridge and she appeared to be sketching.
I assumed that she was sketching the bridge but when I approached and asked, she was in fact sketching a portrait of a woman.
I asked if I could take a photo and she agreed ... thank you Inish :)

Inish
by Bristol Streets, on Flickr

Street style with an 85mm lens in Westfield shopping centre.

AP1GczOP97BAVixpHEdM7vnXziOmrbsxo_tuW1BH08j3B4WYTJIBPUqV4eGe5nFtRaq8l4cmrfKI8oDHYBAC2_omAhvC1cFcGW4nMy_Bgnws--ZRG0lXhcQYIOcHYAHTjVu44L2ZymbSHCtI4duJgbY9UlHdlw=w1427-h854-s-no-gm

Back