Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

Got these two ouside the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona

989c3c86d5a638d2c373f81e6fcb44c69555f976db97f98a7d30f0eaeee13b7f6g.jpg

this one i took firing from the hip cause he was looking right at me
4c5332a382edd5c304efbde3cd61ceec380c7bde45bc2c5000fbd7be7e8e863c6g.jpg

French Tourists in Torquay - I know they are French as I spoke to them and got an email address to send them this image, as they clocked me just after I shot it lol

Tourists by Lez325, on Flickr

Les ;)

My first attempt. I had to laugh at this couple because it's so normal for couples to be bored when on holiday. :)

Bored.jpg

I LOVE street stranger shots. Gives you a right buz :) Here are a couple of mine.

1. (Infront of a car at trafic light, thought id go the next level :p.)

Day 1 by Chilt's Photography, on Flickr

2. (Little dangerous, so wont be doing it again, but i just love there reactions.)

IMG_1499 by Chilt's Photography, on Flickr

3. (A man trying to cross the road. Took him a LONG time ha.)

IMG_1513 edited by Chilt's Photography, on Flickr

Nick

Some cracking shots in this new thread. Love your colour shots Javier.

Here is my first contribution to the new thread:

confused
by rednorters, on Flickr

Taken while walking through the local park. I was going to get a shot of them anyway and was quite happy when I got it on the computer and noticed his head scratching and her puzzled look :)

My First post and first picture on Flickr!
All C&C welcome. I've recently purchased a D3100 and this was taken with the 18-55 kit lens while I was out an about on one of my first outings. Converted to B&W, cropped and straightened. (It's the alleyway by the side of Winchester Cathedral, as seen in the Da Vinci Code for all of 0.5 seconds)

6117952812_9ecf04a5d4.jpg

Last edited:
All C&C welcome. I've recently purchased a D3100 and this was taken with the 18-55 kit lens while I was out an about on one of my first outings. Converted to B&W, cropped and straightened. (It's the alleyway by the side of Winchester Cathedral, as seen in the Da Vinci Code for all of 0.5 seconds)

First off, welcome to the forums. Very nice capture - the B&W conversion is spot on and full of depth. The only slight critiscism I could offer is that the centre of the arch is slightly off-centre (would have personally gone for a squarer crop (3:2, 4:3 or 1:1) and lost the top of the foremost arch) - but that's only my opinion.

Was thinking about getting a D3100 as a 2nd dslr body - I think you may have pushed me closer to the point of no return (y)

Last edited:
First off, welcome to the forums. Very nice capture - the B&W conversion is spot on and full of depth. The only slight critiscism I could offer is that the centre of the arch is slightly off-centre (would have personally gone for a squarer crop (3:2, 4:3 or 1:1) and lost the top of the foremost arch) - but that's only my opinion.

Was thinking about getting a D3100 as a 2nd dslr body - I think you may have pushed me closer to the point of no return (y)

Thank you, as I said all C&C welcome. Now that you mention it, I can now see that it is slightly off centre. I guess I was too busy trying to work out how to use Flickr to notice it. This is my first DSLR so getting used to all the extra work that needs to be done. Enjoying it so far, over 2500 shots taken since June 30th (not a lot of keepers yet mind!)

That's absolutely gorgeous, Origin. Welcome to the forum!

Back