Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

My First post and first picture on Flickr!
All C&C welcome. I've recently purchased a D3100 and this was taken with the 18-55 kit lens while I was out an about on one of my first outings. Converted to B&W, cropped and straightened. (It's the alleyway by the side of Winchester Cathedral, as seen in the Da Vinci Code for all of 0.5 seconds)

6117952812_9ecf04a5d4.jpg
Nice shot mate, I love shooting around the Cathedral.

I'm guessing you might have cropped this, am I right in thinking there's a sign about no cycling just to the right? I think it would really add something to the shot (despite it being totally out of place on the Cathedral) if you've cropped it out?

Last edited:
Nice shot mate, I love shooting around the Cathedral.

I'm guessing you might have cropped this, am I right in thinking there's a sign about no cycling just to the right? I think it would really add something to the shot (despite it being totally out of place on the Cathedral) if you've cropped it out?

Ha ha, Yes there is, you're right I did crop it out thinking it didn't "go" in the shot. But looking at it again, it probably would considering he is one of the few people who actually obeyed it!

I'll stick the less cropped version up later when I get home.

EDIT: Just checked the original and it only has a bit of the "CCTV" sign on the left, not the no bikes sign :(

Last edited:
Cross posting since most of my stuff is street these days:

From my first ever self developed roll, aside from a few drying marks I'm pretty pleased with the results! Ilford Delta 100 in ID11 1+1 shot through the trusty Hexar AF:

Walking the tree:
ZBNvv.jpg

pDTbq.jpg

KqXKO.jpg

jOTkf.jpg

My favourite shot on the roll, love how part of the London skyline has been reflected on the window.

Great shot...
Just waiting for the water to come up and hit her..

Also the woman to the far left forgot her skirt.. lol

Haha, I was ready for such an event! Sadly nothing so spectacular. La chica behind is on the way back from the beach. Another 30C day here :clap:

The Queen Mary 2 was in the dock today and the Pier Head was rammed with people. I went down there to photograph the people as boats don't really float my, erm, boat :D I liked how this guy was like me, not caring about the boat at all and in his own little bubble:

wall sitter
by rednorters, on Flickr

Thanks for looking (y)

Back