Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

There's a few eh? images in here, simple shots of someone in a street. Why's it interesting, what's the story, does the image tell that story, or pull you in?

So using Dan as an example - as I know he'll understand.

Prams, without the backstory says nothing, even with the back story it's still not that interesting an image. Two blokes or more with prams maybe?

Then you get these. Brilliant spot focus drawing attention straight to the seated figure. Why is she? there, what is she doing, on the phone? Enoughs hidden to make you question, query, look around the image for possible answers.

And this, the juxtaposition of the poses is brilliantly spotted, almost as if the old gent is joining in the fashion parade.

So, it's not just images of people in a street, thats not interesting street photography, lets have something else, that spark, something that draws the attention to look, not just pass over. This doesn't mean don't shoot but perhaps a little more self critical analysis?

Last edited:
The DJ Grandpa shot Garry, is well seen and is right on the money for me.(y)

George.

That's nice Marcus, I find what appears to be a security camera (top left) a little distracting but other than that a good shot.(y)

George.

Now that you mention it - I think the closeness of the camera and the distance of the security camera, tell us that we are being watched... from everywhere :)

Now that you mention it - I think the closeness of the camera and the distance of the security camera, tell us that we are being watched... from everywhere :)

Tell me about it !!! :)

It seems there's a bug with the BB software. It's showing links but not all images. I'll upload mine later on. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete a post. Or am I just not seeing it?

Last edited:
Back