Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

Liza & the Man - B&W
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

The pigeon frustrates me a little in this. I wish it'd have been a fraction to the right on the top step (or not there at all). The door in the background is also a shame, but not much I could have done about it. Anyway, CC welcome. :)

Last edited:

Liza & the Man - B&W

The pigeon frustrates me a little in this. I wish it'd have been a fraction to the right on the top step (or no there at all). The door in the background is also a shame, but not much I could have done about it. Anyway, CC welcome. :)

That's very well spotted Nigel, well balanced shot, with a good mono conversion giving a nice full range of tones. The doors don't bother me and it almost looks like both people are looking at the pigeon.(y)

George.

The pigeon frustrates me a little in this. I wish it'd have been a fraction to the right on the top step (or no there at all). The door in the background is also a shame, but not much I could have done about it. Anyway, CC welcome. :)

If you hadn't mentioned the pigeon, I bet many people wouldn't have noticed it. But its background consists of regular patterns so a bit of clone-stamping would soon see it off. The doors aren't much of a distraction, though the more I look at them, the more cross-eyed they look. :)

Candid photography is often about having minimum control over what's in or out of the shot, I've found. You were lucky to have had a relatively empty field of view to work with, and you did it really well, IMO.

Vapour trail - Manchester

Communication - Wigan NW Station

I took this a couple of months back while waiting for a train home after a trip to London. A train had just arrived and there were people disembarking and heading off to destinations unknown. I always wonder who they are, where are they from, and where are they going in situations like these.

Will the streets be paved with gold?

Back