Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

only had compact to-day
rye059st.jpg

I hope you went into Marino's, best fish and chips I've ever tasted.

I love Rye, that's why I'm moving there next month.:)

This might not be the place to ask but where does "streetshot" take over from a snapshot of random stuff taken in the street?

What's your definition of "streetshot" and does it correspond with the thread theme?

This might not be the place to ask but where does "streetshot" take over from a snapshot of random stuff taken in the street?

This is a really good question and one I have been pondering for a few years.
This means I really don't know, speaking for myself. I would say that in this thread and in particular part one., about 1/3 of ''my'' pictures, I would consider ''snap shots'' On my flickr, I post only what I consider a true street shot. It is close and personal and try to put the viewer there with me.
Take a look
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgredline/

Last edited:
I would say a streetshot needs a "hook" above all else. It's a style which excuses technical ability to a certain degree but only if the image is interesting in and of itself.

From the previous thread i remember jgredline's shots of the police on the overpass thing looking at something off screen and one he took of a street brawl. These would be "streetshots" in my eyes.

A random picture of a bloke doing nothing interesting in front of a shop is, imho, no more a streetshot than a picture of someones back garden is a landscape.

This will prob not go down well but you did ask!

I hope you went into Marino's, best fish and chips I've ever tasted.

I love Rye, that's why I'm moving there next month.:)

me and the missus were saying sunday, it is a place we would like to live,
it is a place we go to quite a bit, it has a nice feel about the place,
plus there is some nice roads round the area for the bike,

Ricardo and Javier, you both take some seriously cracking street shots.
Love the one of the girl looking shocked next to the Toy Story signs :)

I have yet to try proper street photography but I will have to go some to come up to your level.

Ricardo and Javier, you both take some seriously cracking street shots.
Love the one of the girl looking shocked next to the Toy Story signs :)

I have yet to try proper street photography but I will have to go some to come up to your level.

Thank you, kind of you to say so :)

Here is my first contribution to the new thread!

DSC_1100.JPG

Back