Capture a stranger street style : Part 2

Back to Soho

Back to Soho
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

" Excellent" candid street style shot Lee, well seen & presented.

"I think I must be lagging behind you & Garry as I've never heard of many of these street styled photographers that you two mention. Just been looking at some of the work by Saul Leiter and I can see where you got your inspiration from"

Last edited:
"I think I must be lagging behind you & Garry as I've never heard of many of these street styled photographers that you two mention. Just been looking at some of the work by Saul Leiter and I can see where you got your inspiration from"

You might also like to check out Matt Stuart. He's been a big inspiration for some of my street shots.

" Excellent" candid street style shot Lee, well seen & presented.

Thanks George, much appreciated. Saul Leiter became known as an early pioneer of colour photography in the 1950s and sort of bucked the trend when everyone was doing black and white. There's another uk photographer I came across recently who is very much influenced by Saul Leiter, and his name is Josh K Jackson. He does excellent work, some of it a bit abstract like Saul Leiter but in an attractive way.

Love this, garry. The curved lines, lighting and people make a great photo. I've not heard of Matt Stuart so will take a look at his work.

Last edited:
You might also like to check out Matt Stuart. He's been a big inspiration for some of my street shots.

I recently bought a book called "The Street Photographers Manual" which is a good read with many street photographers referenced in it which I'm slowly working my way through.

I recently bought a book called "The Street Photographers Manual" which is a good read with many street photographers referenced in it which I'm slowly working my way through.
You can always have my free on-line edition of "Andrew's Guide to Street Photography"...
  1. Go into a street.
  2. See something that interests you.
  3. Point camera.
  4. Press shutter release.
  5. Repeat as appropriate...
:naughty: :exit:

Circles

Circles
by Bristol Streets, on Flickr

Nikon 1 V3
30-110mm f3.8-5.6

Really good gramps. The bike wheels, the hat, the big metal drum, the circles on the glass, and could probably include the O in Costa and maybe even the flowers on her dress. :D Good timing, well seen.

Really good gramps. The bike wheels, the hat, the big metal drum, the circles on the glass, and could probably include the O in Costa and maybe even the flowers on her dress. :D Good timing, well seen.
Thank you Lee :)

Nice one buddy, works really good for me.

"Good to see you doin' a bit of street photography these days"

Thanks George, yes I enjoy getting out on the streets ... the exercise is good for my 'lockdown' expanded waistline as well! :LOL:

766xopY.jpg

Matt Stuart's "Think Like a Street Photographer"

Garry, what's your opinion of "Matt Stuart's" book? I've been kinda thinkin' of getting a copy for myself. Plus any other street photography books you'd care to recommend?

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken at London Trafalgar Square UK of a young man with his Guitar doing a bit of street playing.

X-H1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/110th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Street Performer (10)-03544 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

Super photo George, perfectly captured mid 'sing'. (y)

Back