Capture One Pro 12 released

When I first bought Capture one Pro 11 it cost me over £250 so I`m damned if I`m going to pay for an upgrade.

Yes, its' a bit pricey at £149, and getting very close to the subscription price of £180. I think they are very strict about the 30 day grace period for upgrades.

I won't be able to resist the upgrade however, but will try and put it off until early next year. I have got used to the annual upgrades now, which in practice makes it no different to my annual subscription to Adobe, except I can delay payment :)

I upgrade every two versions and wait for the inevitable 40-60% off code in the Spring to arrive in my inbox.

I upgrade every two versions and wait for the inevitable 40-60% off code in the Spring to arrive in my inbox.
I've had C1 from version 6/7 and never seen a 40-60% off code until last year where they did a sort of armistice for older versions to encourage people to upgrade.

Have I just missed this being a regular occurrence? I might wait if this is the case, for much as I like the new version (I have been on the beta) most of the new features are for things I do in Photoshop.

I just upgraded from V11 to V12, I have the Sony version so cost £98 after discount code.

Well what a right mess, edited some shots yesterday in Pro 12 then went to edit some more and now Pro 12 does not want to even come on at all. Think this is very bad for Phase one, as you pay for the upgrade then pro 12 won`t even work :mad::mad:
That's a shame, my upgrade from 11 to 12 was seamless and I've had no issues at all, in fact I'm loving using it.

Well what a right mess, edited some shots yesterday in Pro 12 then went to edit some more and now Pro 12 does not want to even come on at all. Think this is very bad for Phase one, as you pay for the upgrade then pro 12 won`t even work :mad::mad:

What does "not come on" mean.

I've upgraded every version since V6 and never had an upgrade issue - not upgraded to 12 yet, but been running the beta for the last 6 weeks or so.

I would contact technical support. They are usually very good, replying within an hour or so, but can be a bit slower at the time of a new release.

What does "not come on" mean.

I've upgraded every version since V6 and never had an upgrade issue - not upgraded to 12 yet, but been running the beta for the last 6 weeks or so.

I would contact technical support. They are usually very good, replying within an hour or so, but can be a bit slower at the time of a new release.

The C1 pro 12 icon is on the desktop as it should be, but when you click to open it up, it does nothing at all so I will try and get in touch with them to sort it out.

The C1 pro 12 icon is on the desktop as it should be, but when you click to open it up, it does nothing at all so I will try and get in touch with them to sort it out.

Not good, have you tried any trouble shooting such as running it directly from the directory it's in rather than the icon. Not that you should have to do this of course :-(

Is this Windows or a Mac?

Not good, have you tried any trouble shooting such as running it directly from the directory it's in rather than the icon. Not that you should have to do this of course :-(

Is this Windows or a Mac?

Windows 10, and it`s a brand new laptop too. It`s very strange as it let me edit some from yesterday and opened up fine, but it just won`t open at all now.

Windows 10, and it`s a brand new laptop too. It`s very strange as it let me edit some from yesterday and opened up fine, but it just won`t open at all now.

Have you tried running the exe file directly from the program directory. Just in case its something odd from the path in the icon. BUT its years since I have done any real trouble shooting on Windows, so feel free to ignore me :)

Have you tried running the exe file directly from the program directory. Just in case its something odd from the path in the icon. BUT its years since I have done any real trouble shooting on Windows, so feel free to ignore me :)

Its working again now, what I did was Reset the laptop and redownloaded Pro12 but Not my internet security and it works just how it should now. So I wonder if Kaspersky messed it all up.

Its working again now, what I did was Reset the laptop and redownloaded Pro12 but Not my internet security and it works just how it should now. So I wonder if Kaspersky messed it all up.
Good to hear it :)

I still occasionally, fall foul of my AV (Nod 32) when installing programs, so maybe that was it, but strange it worked before. Hopefully that's it fixed now.

my version 11 has been crashing since download and some tools issues like dust and spot removal tool not working, I was looking at the version 12 does anyone use it and is it worth buying the upgrade, I shoot raw sony a99ii and a7iii and a77ii

my version 11 has been crashing since download and some tools issues like dust and spot removal tool not working, I was looking at the version 12 does anyone use it and is it worth buying the upgrade, I shoot raw sony a99ii and a7iii and a77ii

Hi Gary I upgraded from 11 to 12 and for me it was worth it, I use Fuji X and it works a treat.

Regardless of new features C1 upgrades tend to just generally improve the user experience, with things working a bit smoother/faster than they did before, assuming a decent spec computer. In this case Phase One have also made some UI changes that make things a bit more logically laid out.

The key spec changes are with radial and gradient adjustments that are more like Lightroom, and the luminosity masks, which work very well. Depending on how you use C1, these are probably substantial upgrades.

I always find the upgrades worthwhile, but have you contacted Phase One support about your problems, crashing and tools not working is not normal.

my version 11 has been crashing since download
I'm not (yet) a C1 user, but I just feel like chipping in to say that sometimes these things depend on not just the OS that you're using, but the exact spec of your machine. Maybe most of all in the graphics dept. Just a thought ...

I have always used capture 9 and 10 without issues it just seems version 11 has been a problem since download, maybe ill try down loading again.

Back