Capture one

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I've done a search on here, but can't seem to find an answer... I have just downloaded a 30 day trial of Capture One for Fuji and when I hit either the big arrow in the view pane or choose import from the menu, my files aren't importing. As in nothing at all. I tied to drag and drop some files into the pane, and that brings up the import dialog box, but again. when I choose import, nothing happens. any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Thanks,
Nick

any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Not exactly sure where the problem is, as I don't actually use the import function anymore, but clicking on import for me opens a fairly self-explanatory dialog box.

It is probably worth looking at the Capture One youtube channel for one of the introductory videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJgJWICGMzzvXk2wIgqxVEQ/featured

C1 is reasonably complex to use and even something as simple as getting images into for editing isn't that simple: you can use a managed catalogue, a referenced catalogue, sessions or simply as a browser to work directly with system folders.

This flexibility is great, and indeed one of the reasons for using C1, but it does make it a bit more difficult to get your head around.

Actually, I just remember the Fuji express version doesn't offer sessions but searching the youtube channel for express will give you a good start in learning how to use c1. It will save a lot of headaches if you take the time to watch some of these videos, and become aware of what videos are available.

Not exactly sure where the problem is, as I don't actually use the import function anymore, but clicking on import for me opens a fairly self-explanatory dialog box.

It is probably worth looking at the Capture One youtube channel for one of the introductory videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJgJWICGMzzvXk2wIgqxVEQ/featured

C1 is reasonably complex to use and even something as simple as getting images into for editing isn't that simple: you can use a managed catalogue, a referenced catalogue, sessions or simply as a browser to work directly with system folders.

This flexibility is great, and indeed one of the reasons for using C1, but it does make it a bit more difficult to get your head around.

Actually, I just remember the Fuji express version doesn't offer sessions but searching the youtube channel for express will give you a good start in learning how to use c1. It will save a lot of headaches if you take the time to watch some of these videos, and become aware of what videos are available.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I’ve actually used C1 (to a minimal level) so I’m used to the workflow. I just don’t understand why it won’t upload. I’m going to completely uninstall in case it’s corrupted with the last version I had on the Mac

Thanks for the detailed reply. I’ve actually used C1 (to a minimal level) so I’m used to the workflow. I just don’t understand why it won’t upload. I’m going to completely uninstall in case it’s corrupted with the last version I had on the Mac

Ah Ok, hope you get it sorted, or someone who actually works with the import feature can help.

interesting. I removed all traces of previous versions of C1, downloaded a new version, and the first thing it did on import was to crash. And it's still not importing! Looks like I'll be staying with Lightroom

interesting. I removed all traces of previous versions of C1, downloaded a new version, and the first thing it did on import was to crash. And it's still not importing! Looks like I'll be staying with Lightroom

There is obviously something very odd going on here. I would contact technical support before abandoning it, depending on how keen you were to try it out.

There is obviously something very odd going on here. I would contact technical support before abandoning it, depending on how keen you were to try it out.
I’ve opened a case, I’ll update here once I have some progress

I’ve opened a case, I’ll update here once I have some progress
Did you get an answer, Nick?

I had trouble with imports, but the reason is perhaps less likely to affect most on here. The images I was trying to import were black and white negative scans. which I had scanned (using Vuescan) in greyscale colour profile (1/3 the file size). Works fine in Aperture and (I'm told) Lightroom, but C1Pro absolutely insists on images being in some sort of RGB (or maybe other) colour space. I've converted them using xnconvert, and all seems to be fine now.

I also noticed after my big migration (from Aperture) that some files had the little cross badge that means they are not editable; turns out these were ancient mobile phone images that were 640*480 pixels, below the minimum size for C1Pro!

Did you get an answer, Nick?

I had trouble with imports, but the reason is perhaps less likely to affect most on here. The images I was trying to import were black and white negative scans. which I had scanned (using Vuescan) in greyscale colour profile (1/3 the file size). Works fine in Aperture and (I'm told) Lightroom, but C1Pro absolutely insists on images being in some sort of RGB (or maybe other) colour space. I've converted them using xnconvert, and all seems to be fine now.

I also noticed after my big migration (from Aperture) that some files had the little cross badge that means they are not editable; turns out these were ancient mobile phone images that were 640*480 pixels, below the minimum size for C1Pro!

I had a mail asking for more detail, which I provided. I've not heard back since!

Back