Car mechanic expert?

Edit My Images
Yes
Got a minor problem with the trunk on my Cruze; When you hit the release button on the remote or indeed you manually open it, it flies open way too quick; I've done a little looking online and people are advising its the shock absorbers - potentially. But I'm thinking another option involving bungee straps... any suggestions or car nuts?

A replacement strut appears to be about £10. I'd just replace it/them. They usually provide both the "oomph" to spring it open and the damping to stop it flying open too fast.

A replacement strut appears to be about £10. I'd just replace it/them. They usually provide both the "oomph" to spring it open and the damping to stop it flying open too fast.

Reckon that’s the one? Okay I’ll have a look then, I’m extremely not mechanically inclined as you can see!!

I agree

Reckon that’s the one? Okay I’ll have a look then, I’m extremely not mechanically inclined as you can see!!

If you've got a friendly local garage, they should be able to do the job for not a lot. It's usually just a couple of clips that hold the ends of the struts on their mountings so should be a doddle for them.

If you've got a friendly local garage, they should be able to do the job for not a lot. It's usually just a couple of clips that hold the ends of the struts on their mountings so should be a doddle for them.

Thank you for the heads up. I will investigate!

Back