Card_Family_Christmas

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
The last couple of years we have taken a Christmas photo to give out to our close family. A bit of fun it gives them something to laugh at. We have a few printed at Max spielmans on 8x6 folded over you get a 6x4. I type Merry Christmas on the other half ! I thought it would have been a one off the first year but Mrs L seems to think it's a tradition now!
Not sure why I felt the need to explain that :-(

Anyways I was thinking what to do. Being as I had not taken any photos from above like this I thought it would be a good idea to try. Not as easy as I thought. Things didnt quite get off to a good start as only 2 beards turned up in the post. Couldnt wait for the rest of them as my Daughter and partner were only with us overnight and we didnt want to make a big thing of it as they would soon have been swithced off. (Very quickly)
I liked the idea of beards as it would have covered up the neck area which seems to be a problem area for these types of images. Or it is when I take em!

Anyhow this is the best I could manage.

Would be great to get any feedback/crit/help on any aspect.

Gaz

Card_email.jpg

Cool! The reflections in the glasses are a minor issue and I can't decide whether the snow adds or detracts :thinking:
But overall it does the job nicely.
Hi Simon. Not sure how I would have avoided getting the reflections, as the space I take my photos in is small (softbox could have gone a bit back a touch but the brolly was squished against the wall already and I assume the remedy would have been to move the lights further back ?
Re :The snow. It was a last minute thing to be honest whilst editing. One of us looks way better with a few flakes strategically placed ;-) That said I did double the effect up so maybe it would be better with a touch less.
Happy we got something though.

Thanks for the feedback it helps a great deal.

Gaz

I would be very pleased to get such a fun card, I like the snow too. Well done to you and the family.
Hi Jay.
Thats a real nice thing to say.
Many thanks for stopping by to say so.

Gaz

Awesome! We do the same thing every year as well! I'm doing an online version as well where I've blocked it out like an advent calendar and I 'open' a door every day lol.
I don't want to hijack your thread, but if you want to see it, I'll happily post. :)

Awesome! We do the same thing every year as well! I'm doing an online version as well where I've blocked it out like an advent calendar and I 'open' a door every day lol.
I don't want to hijack your thread, but if you want to see it, I'll happily post. :)
Thanks Beth. Strange that ! My first idea was an advent calender mock up. I took a few selfies as a test. I thought it had some potential but I didnt get the same gut feeling as I did with this aproach.
Feel free to post if you like. Could start you own thread too if you prefer. Tbh I was expecting to see your Christmas card photo up in the forum as I remember one of your earlier ones with your hubby tied up :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Gaz

Back