Cardiff Bay.

Edit My Images
No
Hey. I took a few pictures in Cardiff Bay, but they don't look good I don't think can you please tell me what I've done wrong please. Thank you. The sun was shining, and I was taking all these pictures using my DSLR for the first time in landscape mode too.

IMGP4692.jpg

IMGP4691.jpg

IMGP4690.jpg

IMGP4686.jpg

IMGP4685.jpg

IMGP4684.jpg

Hi mate any chance you could post exif data or your Flickr addy. Reason being is it will be easier to see what settings you have used. I might add shooting in raw would have been best as you could of fiddled around with exposure ect.

What time of the day was it?
It seems as if the sun was very strong the you've little detail in the shadow everything looks a bit flat.
Try shooting at sunrise or sunset especially for landscapes.

As the others above have said, it's very under exposed. To be honest I'd stay away from the scene modes built in. Have a play around with shutter or aperture priority, see what results you get. Don't be afraid to stick it into manual and have a play around, you'll find that you'll have a lot more freedom with the exposure etc.

Cardiff Bay is a lovely area, and there are plenty of locations there where you can get some nice shots. I was in Cardiff on Saturday shopping with the other half, sadly didn't have enough time to get down the bay :(

Back