Caroline Flack has died...

Have to admit I didn't know who she was.

I feel for anyone who contemplates suicide. Terrible.

Never watched anything she presented but once the media got their teeth into her after the alleged assault you couldn't avoid her in the news. Very sad to see someone hounded into taking their own life.

The sun are removing all the articles they posted from the last few weeks, including a particularly nasty one from yesterday.
Now they are posting how terrible it is and how people should seek help.
They are scum and her blood is on their hands.

Terrible shame when someone feels suicide is the only answer, if that's what has happened. So often whatever has led to the feeling all is lost passes and there is a future to be had after all but by then it's too late.
An awful loss for parents, siblings and loved ones.
Hounded by the press, do they never learn.

The sun are removing all the articles they posted from the last few weeks, including a particularly nasty one from yesterday.
I got about 1/3 rd of the way through the suns s*** before I gave up in disgust

Just to put the other view: a TV presenter killed herself when faced with a charge of assault. Like so many such people she and those around her seemed to think that, having made a career out of self promotion, she could turn off the tap when her actions led to criticism.

Honestly folks: nothing to see here so let's move along.

Just to put the other view: a TV presenter killed herself when faced with a charge of assault. Like so many such people she and those around her seemed to think that, having made a career out of self promotion, she could turn off the tap when her actions led to criticism.

She was an actress before turning to presenting. From what I have read, her boyfriend, who she supposedly assaulted, wasn't pressing charges, that was all down to the police (CPS). She didn't really strike me as being a danger to anyone, so what was the point in taking her to court, other than the fact she was famous?

Have to admit I didn't know who she was.

I feel for anyone who contemplates suicide. Terrible.

Neither did I know who she was. Once the press locked on to the story it was inevitable that they would gorge themselves on every little bit of muck they could find or invent.

Nilagin said in #12 that her boyfriend wasn't pressing charges. I heard on the news this morning that her boyfriend had made a complaint to the police, but he now did not want to proceed. I don't know how that aspect of English law works, but it appears that the complainer cannot simply have a change of mind and stop the process. Perhaps someone here will know if that is correct.

What a stupid, inaccurate and insensitive comment.

Someone’s Daughter, sister, best friend, girlfriend and lover. Nothing to see??

Shame on you.

Its shocking to see how many people actually don't give this a second thought. I cant imagine what her family are going through.

Last edited:
Shame I have already already p***ed this person off and they have me ignored
As you have a problem with me I've put you on ignore and you can do the same to me. Hopefully this will solve your problem.

Denied me the chance to give it a good go here, so just in case here we go
You are a thoroughly obnoxious person and made yourself look like a right tosser with such heartless comments
It was her Dad that found her, can't even begin to imagine what that must feel like

Last edited:
Never hear of her before she died tbh, but it is always sad when someone is pushed hard enough to take their own life - no matter who they are. It happens daily, it's a shame that it does take someone famous to do it before the subject is raised again. It gets forgotten or brushed aside again very soon after though.

From what I have read, her boyfriend, who she supposedly assaulted, wasn't pressing charges, that was all down to the police (CPS). She didn't really strike me as being a danger to anyone, so what was the point in taking her to court, other than the fact she was famous?

There are obvious reasons why the CPS should not simply stop a prosecution for assault after a complaint is withdrawn by a victim, particularly in domestic violence cases. Hopefully I don't need to explain them.

But had CF not been famous, would someone (possibly trying to make their name better known - a double edged sword) in the CPS have pursued the matter after her boyfriend had dropped it?

There are obvious reasons why the CPS should not simply stop a prosecution for assault after a complaint is withdrawn by a victim, particularly in domestic violence cases. Hopefully I don't need to explain them.
CPS will continue with the prosecution if it is within the public interest. The only "public interest" in this case, as already mentioned, would be the fact she is a celebrity. Her boyfriend, who had asked for the charges to be dropped didn't even agree with the CPS's version of the event.

CPS will continue with the prosecution if it is within the public interest. The only "public interest" in this case, as already mentioned, would be the fact she is a celebrity. Her boyfriend, who had asked for the charges to be dropped didn't even agree with the CPS's version of the event.

So the high and mighty cps were there when he was asleep and hit. They were just doing the same as what they did with Sir Cliff Richard... Screwing up again.

Last edited:
To be fair the CPS (and I’m not agreeing with the CPS’s approach in this case, I think they got it wrong, especially when it is clear the boyfriend was under no duress) are in a bit of an invidious position in one-on-one domestic violence. They are frequently, and rightly, criticized for not prosecuting enough domestic violence cases and they are often criticized for letting the wealthy and powerful get away with things that ordinary folk would be prosecuted for. Multiplying those things together and you can see that they would be under pressure not to drop a case like this.

I am amazed at how many people on here and social media knew her so well......

There's always one.... or in the case of this thread at least two.

Check how many people commited suicide in the UK on the same day.. Or around the world.. Check how many poeple died in the uk on the same day........ Some will be children.. some charity workers.. some murdered... all manner of people died on the same day.. thousands! .. unfortunatly none of those people are on telly so your not grieving for them.

Thats the point you missed..

deleted due to the insensitive nature of the language I used.

Last edited:
CPS will continue with the prosecution if it is within the public interest. The only "public interest" in this case, as already mentioned, would be the fact she is a celebrity.
Here is the public interest test, contained in this document : https://www.cps.gov.uk/publication/code-crown-prosecutors . It says nothing about the suspect being a celebrity. It does say there must be sufficient evidence to prosecute AND the public interest test must be passed.

No-one except those involved in a criminal case knows enough to comment on whether the decision made by the CPS was right or wrong. None of us do, which is why I have not ventured an opinion. I will venture an opinion that there is a lack of support provided by the system to suspects to help them cope with the strain, other than when there are already extant severe mental health problems.

Here is the public interest test, contained in this document : https://www.cps.gov.uk/publication/code-crown-prosecutors . It says nothing about the suspect being a celebrity. It does say there must be sufficient evidence to prosecute AND the public interest test must be passed.

No-one except those involved in a criminal case knows enough to comment on whether the decision made by the CPS was right or wrong.
I read all that before and it doesn't actually say what the public interest would be, hence my comment that the public interest could only be the fact that she was a celebrity.
As for those involved being the only ones who know enough as to whether they should proceed with the prosecution, I would have thought the boyfriend who had raised the initial complaint, would be one of only two people who knew what had happened and he has already said the CPS version of what happened is wrong. So the CPS have very little to go on.

I'm wondering if you were referring to this,Tom..as yoiu describe.. a particular nasty one from yesterday, which would have been Friday as you posted on Saturday.

On the Stephen Nolan show last night (I think it was last night..if not then Saturday night) at 10..00pm he said that the Sun had published a photo ,seemingly taken by police who attended the original call from the boyfriend.I won't describe it as you seem to know and decided not to ( Nolan did describe it) but if others aren't aware maybe it's relevent to know. In court that footage would have been shown and you can imagine the dreadful state of mind she would have been in knowing that. So..my question is..how did the Sun get the body camera footage taken by the officers who attended ? This is a very serious matter and has to be investigated.

Re CPS. It's not straight forward and we don't know the details but the problem for them is that they could be accused of not taking action because she was a high profile person on Tv and on the other hand whereas they may not have taken action as her boyfriend didn't want to pursue the matter could be accused of not doing so for the same reason. Between a rock and a hards place,really. Another aspect is that the police/CPS can go ahead with a prosecution (I can't find the date this was introduced ) even if the complainant, usually the wife/girlfriend, does not wish to simply because so often police would have taken statements with the complainant stating they'd be willing to attend court only to withdraw that at a later date, invariably as a result of threats from the husband/boyfriend.

Apart from that my feelings are that this is dreadful tragedy and most likely an avoidable one and right now I'm erring on the side of regulations/law prohibiting such coverage by the media other than a starightforward report that an incident has taken place and police are investigating the matter. Those responsible should not be allowed to hide behind the cry of 'free speech'.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if you were referring to this,Tom..as yoiu describe.. a particular nasty one from yesterday, which would have been Friday as you posted on Saturday.

On the Stephen Nolan show last night (I think it was last night..if not then Saturday night) at 10..00pm he said that the Sun had published a photo ,seemingly taken by police who attended the original call from the boyfriend.I won't describe it as you seem to know and decided not to ( Nolan did describe it) but if others aren't aware maybe it's relevent to know. In court that footage would have been shown and you can imagine the dreadful state of mind she would have been in knowing that. So..my question is..how did the Sun get the body camera footage taken by the officers who attended ? This is a very serious matter and has to be investigated.
If you are referring to the blood on the bed and carpet, her boyfriend has already said it wasn't his blood but her own as she had cut her hand on a broken glass, he hasn't retracted that as far as I am aware and blood tests would confirm his statement. He has also said that she didn't hit him with the lamp.

If you are referring to the blood on the bed and carpet, her boyfriend has already said it wasn't his blood but her own as she had cut her hand on a broken glass, he hasn't retracted that as far as I am aware and blood tests would confirm his statement. He has also said that she didn't hit him with the lamp.

I thought it would of been about the blood on the bed, as saw that in other papers, but it is a worry how they got it from the police.

As in my post above, suicide is a terrible thing, someone has lost their marbles to the point of seeing no point in carrying on, but how many people commit suicide each day because their "mistake" is dragged through the press on an almost daily basis, destroying in their mind any possible chance to recover.
How many of us on here have been at such a low point but been fortunate enough to not have it dragged through the press and recovered?
Lost their marbles?
Really?

Removed by OP

Last edited:
Back