Carpark Gate

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Well not the best image in the world but I was happy to capture the rays. Saw this whilst driving past last weekend. So unusually for me I actually did stop the car and get the camera out.
Shame there was not more of a scene to go with the rays.

Gaz

gate_black_level_lift.jpg

Last edited:

I think to have the scene dead centred was not the best idea. From the same
scene, many more could be done if you had worked your shot.
As for the rendition, may I suggest this version that puts more weight on the
full potential dynamic range already present for a more dramatic interpretation:

gate_black_level_lift%201.jpg

I think to have the scene dead centred was not the best idea. From the same
scene, many more could be done if you had worked your shot.
As for the rendition, may I suggest this version that puts more weight on the
full potential dynamic range already present for a more dramatic interpretation:

Thats a good point re the central position and does look better just off centre. I had quite a bit to play with as the above was cropped. Also the edit looking at it next to mine does look better too. To be totaly honest my edit was like yours but at the last minute I decided to lift the blacks a bit which obviously lost some of the contrast.

Thanks for giving me some advice.

Oh !
By work your shot. I take it you mean take your first image then move around to find better/different points of veiw ?

Gaz

By work your shot. I take it you mean take your first image then move around to find better/different points of veiw?

Bingo Gary!
When you get a chance like this, take the time to explore the scene. See to get
different angles, perspectives, ratios… just explore the chance you got! ;-)

? Maybe a square crop with the sunlight at centre would work?

Sorry for the late replies I have been away for the weekend.

this is the kind of shot that grabs me too...and its full of potential
cheers
geof
Cheers.Thanks for the edit too :)

I like the shot, a lot, ingeneral but I thing @mrtoad has framed (croped) a better shot. But ya did well
Cheers.Happy that what I saw was good to the eye as if I cant get that bit correct I may as welll give up :)
I like the drama in @mrtoad edit but prefer my crop.. Each to there own though .

Gaz

Hey.... at the end of the day were not all out to produce the perfect image...... You saw it... You liked it....and you took the time to shoot it. 'IF' your happy then so am I. A lot of peep's criticise on here but they never post an alternative. Photography is about enjoying yourself and making you happy. It's all personal. I live near a famous artist (oils) and I can pick faults in his painting's but there again he sells the things for many 100 £ (all subjective) Enjoy what ya' do
Mr toad gave a better crop but the base image, in one I would be proud of

Last edited:
Hey.... at the end of the day were not all out to produce the perfect image...... You saw it... You liked it....and you took the time to shoot it. 'IF' your happy then so am I. A lot of peep's critisise on here but they never post an alternative. Photography is about enjoying yourself and making you happy. It's all personal. I live near a famous artist (oils) and I can pick faults in his painting's but there again he sels the things for many 100 £ (all subjective) Enjoy what ya' do
Mr toad gave a better crop but thi base image in one I would be proud of

Cheers Glyn. Great reply :)

Gaz

Hey.... at the end of the day were not all out to produce the perfect image...... You saw it... You liked it....and you took the time to shoot it. 'IF' your happy then so am I. A lot of peep's criticise on here but they never post an alternative. Photography is about enjoying yourself and making you happy. It's all personal. I live near a famous artist (oils) and I can pick faults in his painting's but there again he sells the things for many 100 £ (all subjective) Enjoy what ya' do
Mr toad gave a better crop but the base image, in one I would be proud of

i agree about the base image...i do a lot of editing...not taking so many shots just now...and i recognise potential which i hope i can get a decent edit from
its not about changing a chaps shot...its about me getting some enjoyment as well and getting experience
loads of mine can be edited but come out as 'well polished rubbish' and wont be shown for that
cheers
geof

i agree about the base image...i do a lot of editing...not taking so many shots just now...and i recognise potential which i hope i can get a decent edit from
its not about changing a chaps shot...its about me getting some enjoyment as well and getting experience
Hi Geof. Happy that you can see some potential in the image.If you have the time and inclination, do you fancy having the 4 jpegs that form the stitched image above then you can see what you can come up with. I have them in a dropbox folder. If you can't stitch them (am sure you can though) I could do that too and upload the one file.

lmk.

Gaz

Hi Geof. Happy that you can see some potential in the image.If you have the time and inclination, do you fancy having the 4 jpegs that form the stitched image above then you can see what you can come up with. I have them in a dropbox folder. If you can't stitch them (am sure you can though) I could do that too and upload the one file.

lmk.

Gaz

it would give me pleasure...how do i get onto the dropbox folder??

Back