Carreras Colombia 1963 Shelby Cobra 289 - Tour Auto 2019

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
A set of shots of this sublime car that competed on the 2019 Tour Auto. Dogged by mechanical problems at the start, it pulled it round and managed to complete the whole event, setting fastest stage times on Special Stages and Circuits alike.
Run by the guys at DK Engineering, seeing this compete this year, made up for the lack of the 1MUF GT40 that the crew had run in previous years.

1)
Carreras Colombia - Tour Auto 2019 by Matty White, on Flickr

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)
Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Fantastic set as always. I can't pick a favourite, they're all great.

Really like that last one. So very well noticed.

Fantastic set as always. I can't pick a favourite, they're all great.

Cheers Rich, very kind of ya!

I bet they're kicking themselves for pranging that beauty! Super photos Matty.
1, 2 and 4 for me!

Wasn't the only trouble they had. When they got it sorted it absolutely flew. I hope it's back on the Tour next year as I think it's a really photogenic car

Really like that last one. So very well noticed.

Thank you, I always like trying to factor in some of the seasonal colour to the shots. Much appreciated

Really enjoyed them all!

Glad to hear it Mike. I'll put a set on from the event when I get a minute. Thank you

As above really, all fantastic images, number 5 the pick for me though what a great setting.

As above really, all fantastic images, number 5 the pick for me though what a great setting.

Thanks Ben, really appreciate it. It's a superb event, and each year I love discovering the areas of France we pass through. Shot 5 is taken at Circuit de Charade, which I'd not shot at before, but its an unreal circuit. They call it the French Nurburgring, and its an epic place to shoot. It absolutely tipped it down the whole day there, and Puy de Dome (the hill in the background) was hidden by cloud for most of the time, but fortunately, it cleared momentarily which allowed me to get the shot which I wanted from there.

Great series this (y)

Back