Cascades.

Cheers Stuart.

I pondered those railings and cloning them out. They are actually supporting frames as there are gates in the wall of the dam to control the water level higher up. My thinking was that they are part of the structure and it's quite a well known spot and people who have seen it will know they are there. A real dilemma but I agree, from a photographic point of view, it would probably be better without. (y)

Clone them out. Not only obtrusive but red. Immediately takes the eye to them.

Maybe there's a version on the horizon without them. :LOL:

I'm not so sure on this one but for the record, these are the falls downstream of the dam. You can see the dam through the arch of the bridge.

Next time, I'm going to get my feet wet for this one as I think there are better angles on it.

Rouken Falls. by Dale, on Flickr

Nice stuff, the mono from the other side shows the angle I would have gone for with the first, knowing I would be cloning the rails out pointing the camera downwards would look more balanced.

Cheers Craig. I totally agree about the railings. I like this angle too.

I actually prefer the original shot, nice rich colours and the waterfall is perfectly captured, the railings don't look out of place to my eyes, after-all it's part of the scene... but I don't have any landscape experience so perhaps I'm not the best person to offer my tuppence worth :)

Love the last one, but they're all great

Thank you Carl.

Nice scene, lovely lush summer colours and bright waterfall.

Cheers Steve, not a million miles from you.

I actually prefer the original shot, nice rich colours and the waterfall is perfectly captured, the railings don't look out of place to my eyes, after-all it's part of the scene... but I don't have any landscape experience so perhaps I'm not the best person to offer my tuppence worth :)

Thanks Paz (y). The railings are a dilemma for me. I do prefer the image without them from a photographic point of view as your attention remains more on the waterfall but knowing the spot quite well, it doesn't sit right in my mind removing them.:thinking:

Back