Castle Combe

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Castle Combe in the Cotswolds is a beautifully quaint little village, with traditional stone cottages and a brook flowing through it, it could quite easily be on a chocolate box. After checking the weather forecast and seeing the chance of sunny spells with rain I arrived hoping for a break in the clouds that would lead to the always elusive rainbows I desired. I couldnât believe my luck when one appeared after only a few minutes waiting, and I quickly rushed into position to photograph it. Iâm glad I made the decision to stick around in the rain, as it was a gamble that sure did pay off.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III|16-35mm f4 L

Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Jake Turner, on Flickr

Superb shot with the rainbow mate, light is superb! Loving the reflection in the bottom right, that and the rainbow make the shot for me, Always a place I keep telling myself I must visit as it isn't that far away but always forget to go on a nice day :)

Superb shot with the rainbow mate, light is superb! Loving the reflection in the bottom right, that and the rainbow make the shot for me, Always a place I keep telling myself I must visit as it isn't that far away but always forget to go on a nice day :)
Thanks mate :) Where are you from?
Great processing lends itself perfectly to the subject

All it needs now is for Rex Harrison to rock up :)
Thank you :) Had to google Rex Harrison, but I still don't recognise him! He died before I was born!

Excellent! Lovely lighting and nice to see a different scene.

I do wonder if you could bring out the bow a bit more with some aggressive PP ?
Thanks Joe :) I probably could make it a lot punchier, but it's not really my style.
I like things to look natural.

Had to google Rex Harrison, but I still don't recognise him! He died before I was born!

Nice image Jake, if a little over-yellow in parts for my taste.
You may now already be aware that Castle Combe was the setting for some of the film 'Dr Dolittle' which Rex Harrison starred in ... some setting photos here: http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/d/DoctorDolittle67.html

You can see that the 1st is just like yours but without the light and the rainbow :D

Ah just seen on your profile your swindon based? Small world ay :) Should go do a shoot sometime ;)
Sounds good to me mate :) I'd be up for that!
Nice image Jake, if a little over-yellow in parts for my taste.
You may now already be aware that Castle Combe was the setting for some of the film 'Dr Dolittle' which Rex Harrison starred in ... some setting photos here: http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/d/DoctorDolittle67.html

You can see that the 1st is just like yours but without the light and the rainbow :D
Thanks Roger :)
Just had a look, I know the place had been used before, didn't realise for which film though. Only Dr Doolittle I've sign is the one with Eddie Murphy talking to animals! :LOL:

I think it's a lovely composition, but the colour's been pushed a little far for my personal taste.

For me, (and having visited there too), the green of the treetops behind the cottages is too vibrant, and the cottages themselves appear very yellow here.
The stone I saw was a much paler, soft colour.
Tis just a personal opinion though.

For me, (and having visited there too), the green of the treetops behind the cottages is too vibrant, and the cottages themselves appear very yellow here.
The stone I saw was a much paler, soft colour.
Tis just a personal opinion though.
I think it's a white balance issue on the houses, as it is slightly out in comparison to my phone snap.
The same with the green being a bit too yellow, making it more vivid.

like this too Jake, well executed and love the almost perfectly positioned a rainbow, what a bonus!

The rainbow is a great touch into what is already a nice scene, the lead from the left is really nice. I would agree the sunlit trees are a bit too vivid / yellow but that's personal taste.

Which I know we differ on, given our choice of camera systems ;-) Haha.

like this too Jake, well executed and love the almost perfectly positioned a rainbow, what a bonus!
Much better PP in this and epic lighting. I cannot fault that, its really good.
The rainbow is a great touch into what is already a nice scene, the lead from the left is really nice. I would agree the sunlit trees are a bit too vivid / yellow but that's personal taste.

Which I know we differ on, given our choice of camera systems ;-) Haha.
Thanks chaps!

Back