Castlefield Manchester Reflection

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive hired a sigma 18-35 F1.8 over Christmas and being in work today starting at 10am I decided to get an early train into work, and have an hour down near the Castlefield Basin. I have shot here before but never had it this still, there wasn't a breath of wind. Any ripple was caused by ducks or from the water running down through the lock above. This shop is looking towards Beetham tower, from directly outside Dukes 92 Pub, indeed, Lock 92 of the Bridgwater canal. Given the completely grey sky I have also converted the shot to B&W. Will hope to return when the new building has been built and the crane has disappeared.

Colour Castlefield by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

B&W Castlefield by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Enjoying the quality of the lens although it is too big/heavy for an everyday walkabout for my liking.

All the best
Chris

Whilst the composition is ok and you may have a good reflection, you don't have the light you need.

Light is everything in outdoor photography.

The right light can make a very mundane scene look spectacular but you need to go back here and take the shot when the sun is on your side I think.

Whilst the composition is ok and you may have a good reflection, you don't have the light you need.

Light is everything in outdoor photography.

The right light can make a very mundane scene look spectacular but you need to go back here and take the shot when the sun is on your side I think.

You’re absolutely right, I’ve never seen a duller day in my life! The only thing it had going for it was the stillness so I could at least get the reflections. Thanks for commenting.

Back