Cat Appreciation Society! - lets see those catz!

Wow, there are some amazing shots there. Just started out with my camera, but here are a couple of mine from Marwell the other day. I've posted them recently so sorry if you've already seen them! Unfortunately the glass was very dirty!

This thread has definately inspired me to take more pictures of the big cats, I just love them :D

447976502_tEDmh-M.jpg

447977727_o5tg7-M.jpg

my favourite cat pic - an amur leopard cub making a little squeak noise.

2009_01_04-3044-40D_Dewey-WHF.jpg

loving this thread - big cats I recognise from around the country, and small cats giving me ideas of what I would do if only I could get a tiger under studio lights - or get my moggie to sit still for two seconds!

The Snow Leopard is amazing!! Love the lighting its excellent! I also like the "domestic" is it a Singapura?

20081219-0026.jpg

Comments welcome :)

(Taken with a hired 24-105L that I happened to have with me :D)

Can't believe I've only just found this thread, i LOVE cats!!

Edinburgh Gary, your kitten ones are my favourites!! So gorgeous!

I need to dig out some of my gorgeous moggy now :)

Wayno, LOVE your Tiger shot!

Torpedo, thank you! :)

A few of my other "felines"

The "Moosey" He is Wiggy's half brother, but such a miserable looking git! :mrgreen: WONDERFUL nature though.:)

Not too bad......
catsjan090029pjv0.jpg

Still can't see his face!;-)
catsjan090027pfh2.jpg

I love him though!:mrgreen:
catsjan090024pne1.jpg

Scooter at 16 and a half.
catsjan090032pen7.jpg

Dear Jessie at 20.
catsjan090037pmf4.jpg

Schnapps at 16 and a half.

"I said MOVE the camera!!!" :D:D
catsjan090040plq9.jpg

Last edited:
Dawn, what good-looking cats!!! Scooter and Schnapps especially :)

glad to see this thread is getting popular.

as it means I get to see more pictures of Catz!
some great shot's in here, definitely gives inspirations to myself and others :)

Chad (5 years old) is running out of mice to kill, so he's going for the computer ones.

chadandmouse.jpg

Not exactly the most tidy looking shot due to the background but he seem to know when a camera is about to be pointed at him and makes a dash for it. Hence this very spur-of-the-moment type shot.
You could literally see your face on his shiny glossy coat.

Chad is very handsome indeed, lovely to meet him.

Not as good as any of these! WOW there's some amazing shots! Truly an amazing species ;)

3176108035_37eab79a68.jpg

3176955552_f8ef26ec52.jpg

Love the male shot Squidy, excellent eye contact!!

This is my "Mr sexy Brown" :D

img5421pxo7.jpg

img5415pzv8.jpg

Here's my cat, she's getting a bit older now and spends a lot of time doing this

IMG_4583.jpg

Awwww I love a nice bright Tortie!! She's beautiful.

What a lovely thread! Gorgeous cats, wild and less so! :clap:

Here are mine:

1- Coccolina, going for 7, caught after her favourite sport (eating - much like me :D)
Coccolina1.jpg

2- Fuffi, will be 2 this year in May.
Fuffi.jpg

3- Lola. She's my mom's cat. She was actually supposed to be a goat, but some bad fate actually made her into a cat. She eats anything: clothes, bags, curtains, towels etc. Everything except cat food!:shake:
Lola.jpg

2 from me, both shot from behind glass :)

Tiger-1.jpg

Tiger-2.jpg

Gosh Tara, you've got your hands full there! :eek::D

Fabs, my lot are a piece of cake compared to my parents rabble, the little grey girl adopted them about three years ago, the other three are two sisters and their brother who were dumped on my parents doorstep (by their feline mum)

Ginger (the only boy) softer than the softest soft thing.

3176778615_071eb8ec1a_o.jpg

Spice (not good pic)

3177613842_998ac550a7_o.jpg

Tort (means "wrong" in french)

3177613282_9c95e19248_o.jpg

and last but by no means least

Azure, who got shot eight times by some p***k with an air rifle and survived to tell the tale

3176778799_2e71a01ecc_o.jpg

We're mad about cats in our family :wave:

Tara

Yeah the boys tend to be soft...........in the head usually, I know my tomcat certainly is. Wouldn't have him any other way! :D

Those MAine Coons are WONDERFUL!!! Especially Bellamy and Leo, and Dixter is just the cutest kitten.

Lovely photos all, enjoying them all, nice to see the norty torties making an appearance!

Tybalt and Lola are boooootiful!

Another one of ours, "Sam".
DSC_0014.jpg

Also, "Monty".
Mont.jpg

"Sandy" RIP.
0cfbb980.jpg

"Gus & Sandy"
p1000882-web.jpg

im going to join in this thread, unfortunately I havent had my Dslr very long and have no cat shots. however 5 years ago I went to woburn abbey with my other half. I took this shot on my olympus point and shoot. At the time I was very chuffed with the shot especially considering the equipment I was using, anyway im sure using my new camera I could get better.

edited - sorry its so big flickr resizes it with a big line across it

rob
3180179270_fea80cbf61_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back