Cat Appreciation Society! - lets see those catz!

As a photograph? It could have more sharpness about the nose & whiskers. And less green reflected in the eyes.

Compositionally, one's attention flies about the frame somewhat. It's strong in a way, but not settled, with the issues I've mentioned.

As a photograph? It could have more sharpness about the nose & whiskers. And less green reflected in the eyes.

Compositionally, one's attention flies about the frame somewhat. It's strong in a way, but not settled, with the issues I've mentioned.

Yeah it's not the best photo I've ever taken, was just a snapshot of my sisters cat, as it sat on her worktops

Oddly enough I thought the nose was sharp and the eyes were a bit out of focus!

Here's two of my cat Dakota, he's evil and stupid in equal measure.
9qtpH88OCWbof7Jh8DIwtYHiMh2ZNYawA6e89_RA_5NxzKaslvtV1h8gU_8qcxygurCDFNF2X7q6vst-Xo9-OSLkv17lcKjl620MVrIN-DqCDoPHiUt2WUO20IsBzEgMgAXLPxM_4jDMrLQzPMAPNLe193bkg3-tBnfbVGJKBLKqJSYqove6e6pR8K6zuu9Z5t7xfsJ3qNB8Iimfbu-na3lezB8GmzSjL8AoLzLOddPqRu8-7aZIbOWmJTwym70WKrLqHHVjDTyvHoI13w5lzHizZd9VtLG6GGQd0Cy8icj9XB_kKhiKkgnnM7B3qqgsTk00-NJ8a6NpAeupc6nplzWk0WSYObc8nt52qY5tJTML4kO5Ggnn6lxJIAwNBfbuRgJ-ap3Gt_jLMnOfi4mzfmCuUtfnVANW6d5ppKLuxCQwYDiK5nDXBe1X74PCpuSERd71YPJF4XJT2QSB4bjNn6hLGIRm5rRdwS-kH2ugk4ICsbc4FCEj-6-Honk1bDEb11WXaS3PIQrzBfIv5Ec9virkrqXNvRTH_kn9deZ34BHaZflVN8SZlhpbwhQIztnbKVme=w858-h643-no
XPmoUH6rcRAKdcH5-G5zqP9vxAAIU34anvdeY3apmROaRt_0uvXFeJqJlLo5KLBUphz_S-w2jlJgyHtJaMMO93EpX_pzoN1mZRJB0usTUYrUXa3KMkEIJczONVVwlrOT6K0AYjf0G0gImpaQYfQHMCd39IVwJkfZ2afj_gU2LYPSQEymEJKYRgpp6abDi-J-rK0oZvlcifqBPFtoAUtuEdLaOoH7pfNGQYMBbX_zcpLUOTrqtyAraxr61_gCKUU9bAReKRgNdXxg2rvnxJ6KD-VuzvTKPcBl4mNbkZv7r1covD5GpprXY_phXtsyYQwZrPyMutko3gKOK0HmBEjM_cEYP5_zhFdVkMBXqEZ7aTX8-w9dCh7LrgCQb-amNBWWyuFC0XaAXSf7e69GjzEAeAidZrTmndr6ga9Ajy3zjd3tXBsQiwwUO_mc0qYth10NiwKX6TokK4ZxiRTd_0MYOSaW2-1dYQKTZh3npqFj27x_yjucJF0Z4-UXcmZSjfOW_7CWpqD8WSeDtiap5xW61bGV4rbZJGaK2HVqggnYnajHCXFK3YqRMFCPFrJrKItraAhM=w858-h643-no

Was trying to take one of one of the cats for my happy photo. But she moved as soon as I picked up the camera and hid.
So got this one instead

Ruby by -johnsonpauld-

image.jpeg

Just a quick shot of George (the not so stray, stray cat).

Messing around creating a workflow using the Leica Q, and just the iPad Pro, Pencil, and mobile apps.

Used Photoshop Fix to crop, remove unwanted hairs etc, and lighten his eyes. Used Desqueeze app for resizing the image.

Shot with OOC JPEGS set to monochrome. F/1.7, 1/60th second, ISO 200.

My beloved Murdock, sadly put to sleep two weeks ago following a stroke :( Rescued him back in 2003.

(...)

I have this one printed and mounted on my wall :)

I'm really sorry for your loss.
Beautiful pictures and wonderful animal. ;)

"Did you have to disturb my sleep"...."the washer was so snug"!

Yelle finds the most unbelievable hiding places, usually to drive me nuts trying to find her!

Yelle in the washer.jpg

2 of 5 new wee ones from 'my' - well I feed her - farm cat

Last edited:
and later inspecting their new young sisters..
Mum on the left

BIG THANKS due to the Lanarkshire Cat Protection who rehomed the kittens, and neutered the 6 adults
Only Mum and two left now - they lead a hard life in living rough

Can't believe I've only just found this thread. I love cats and Enjoyed looking through all the great shots in here.

the mother from post #985
the only one who will venture indoors of the 3 farm cats who live rough in the barns
they do come for food though.....:)

Some nice kitties here!

Here's one I spotted at the 1940s weekend in Haworth a few weeks back.

Back