Cat Appreciation Society! - lets see those catz!

DSC_3873.jpg

DSC_4069.jpg

If you want someone who will eat whatever you put in front of him
and never say its not quite as good as his mother's

..then adopt a dog.

If you want someone always willing to go out, at any hour,
for as long and wherever you want ...

..then adopt a dog.

If you want someone who will never touch the remote, doesn't care
about football, and can sit next to you as you watch romantic movies

..then adopt a dog.

If you want someone who is content to get on your bed just to
warm your feet and whom you can push off if he snores

..then adopt a dog !

If you want someone who never criticizes what you do, doesn't care
if you are pretty or ugly, fat or thin, young or old, who acts as if
every word you say is especially worthy of listening to, and loves
you unconditionally, perpetually ..

..then adopt a dog.

BUT, on the other hand, if you want someone who will never come
when you call, ignores you totally when you come home, leaves hair
all over the place, walks all over you, runs around all night and only
comes home to eat and sleep, and acts as if your entire existence
is solely to ensure his happiness .,

..then adopt a cat!

Now be honest, you thought I was gonna say... marry a man, didn't you?

Send this to all the women you know to brighten their day.
Send this to all the men just to annoy them!

You...

....have a GREAT Day!!!

JayKay my 7 year old Devon Rex

[edit - resized, sorry]

_DSC2009.jpg

Last edited:
bells0,

Wow, that's a monster of a cat.

I guess it's just a large picture .. do reduce it to within form's rules :rules: before the police donk it for you.

Cheers Wail, blame photobucket for that!:naughty:

:)

Did I mention, I love this thread :thinking: ... I love cats, really really love them ... not as much as squirrels, but I really love them.

beautiful pictures Sam, love the lighting in the first one - my cat is VERY unphotogenic and gets obviously upset if you point a camera at her - shame because shes sooo beautiful :)

real pleasure to look at thanks Sam xx

also i think the last two could do with lightening up a bit, we want black blacks and white whites, they are a bit grey at the moment but can be fixed with a simple bit of photoshop x

This is our cat Spooky. She rarely keeps still unless asleep, and if she sees a camera will immediately try to rub her face against the lens. This is one of the few pics I have of her, shot with on camera flash and Sto-fen diffuser.

3415703004_44ae69cedc.jpg

A few from Singapore Zoo and nearer home:
CRW_7198.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_6661.jpg

Malone.jpg

Last edited:
glenn...yess..#1 hmmm...dum de dum..sure he's just getting her attention..

such detail..love them...but the fiercest has to be last..hate to be cornered by that bu@@er

a few of mine

Knowsley ones taken thru a car window (closed of course!)

Chester zoo

Knowsley Safari Park

lionblack1_1_20100717_1198680250.jpg

lionblack3_3_20100717_1944987187.jpg

lion_edited_1_20100717_1716825325.jpg

lionblack2_2_20100717_1622988335.jpg

Totally gratuitous remark....removed.

Last edited:
Totally gratuitous remarks like that, are unworthy of you, even with a smiley tacked on the end :shake:

Tara

In the cold light of sobriety, you are correct Tara.

A few lion pic's, all taken in the Mana Pools National Park (Lower Zambezi Valley) whilst walking unguided - the only NP in Africa where this is permitted AFAIK.

Eland kill:

Last edited:
A few lion pic's, all taken in the Mana Pools National Park (Lower Zambezi Valley) whilst walking unguided - the only NP in Africa where this is permitted AFAIK.

Eland kill:

Ian, when did you go? I was looking to go to that park back in 99 or 2000 I think, but opted out once the 'trouble' started in Zimbabwe. I always fancied the walks, but think I'd prefer a guided one...a few years older now and having seem them from a jeep close up in the wild not sure I'd have the bottle. Must have been an incredible experience :clap:

Ian, when did you go? I was looking to go to that park back in 99 or 2000 I think, but opted out once the 'trouble' started in Zimbabwe. I always fancied the walks, but think I'd prefer a guided one...a few years older now and having seem them from a jeep close up in the wild not sure I'd have the bottle. Must have been an incredible experience :clap:

Hi Al, I am extremely fortunate to have friends in Zim and we (they!!!) organise an annual 'boys week away' in Mana, so I have been 9 times over the last 12 years, and, god willing, I return for 8 days on Oct 21st later this year.

It is a stunning, stunning part of the world and sufficiently remote to have been largely unaffected by the troubles (though the national Parks guys who take care of the place are most certainly horribly underfunded).

Walking in the bush most certainly is not for everyone, but having spent so long doing it, I think I would now feel very constrained going on a more organised safari.

I am 'Destination Expert' on the (very quiet!) Tripadvisor Mana Pools forum, so any questions please ask away!

Last edited:
Hi Al, I am extremely fortunate to have friends in Zim and we (they!!!) organise an annual 'boys week away' in Mana, so I have been 9 times over the last 12 years, and, god willing, I return for 8 days on Oct 21st later this year.

It is a stunning, stunning part of the world and sufficiently remote to have been largely unaffected by the troubles (though the national Parks guys who take care of the place are most certainly horribly underfunded).

Walking in the bush most certainly is not for everyone, but having spent so long doing it, I think I would now feel very constrained going on a more organised safari.

I am 'Destination Expert' on the (very quiet!) Tripadvisor Mana Pools forum, so any questions please ask away!

Hi Ian

Thanks for that, I did read loads about it and it looked amazing, if I remember you could do a good trip kayaking down and end up in Mana. TBH the whole of Zimb looked amazing, ended up in NZ instead which was amazing as well.

Went to Zambia a couple of years ago, not sure how it compares but the Lower Zambezi was great (is it opposite Mana?), we saw less than in S Luanga but the Kayak and the fact we only saw one other jeep over 4 days made it seem very remote - also went to S Luanga, we saw more (both animals and people) - I will go back to Zambia at some point and I hope Zim. For now though first child on the way in Jan, so France and spain is about as far as I'll be going for the next few years...

Your trips sounds amazing, you should post a series if you can post your Oct one.

My only true walking safari was in Nepal, ended up in a tree for about an hour waiting for an angry Rhino to pass....liked it but our guide was crazy - 30 minute lecture on how dangerous they are then started throwing stones towards so it would turn around :wacky: It did, we ran....thankfully it didn't. Opted not to use him again....

Some brilliant photos in here of cats thought i might add one to it as well

Hi Ian

Thanks for that, I did read loads about it and it looked amazing, if I remember you could do a good trip kayaking down and end up in Mana. TBH the whole of Zimb looked amazing, ended up in NZ instead which was amazing as well.

Went to Zambia a couple of years ago, not sure how it compares but the Lower Zambezi was great (is it opposite Mana?), we saw less than in S Luanga but the Kayak and the fact we only saw one other jeep over 4 days made it seem very remote - also went to S Luanga, we saw more (both animals and people) - I will go back to Zambia at some point and I hope Zim. For now though first child on the way in Jan, so France and spain is about as far as I'll be going for the next few years...

Your trips sounds amazing, you should post a series if you can post your Oct one.

My only true walking safari was in Nepal, ended up in a tree for about an hour waiting for an angry Rhino to pass....liked it but our guide was crazy - 30 minute lecture on how dangerous they are then started throwing stones towards so it would turn around :wacky: It did, we ran....thankfully it didn't. Opted not to use him again....

Yes the canoeing safaris are very popular - they start upstream of Mana, a little way down from the Kariba dam wall, and take 3 - days paddling slowly downstream,

It can be pretty hairy - a couple of years ago we came across a guide looking after piles of wet kit. A hippo had bitten across one of the canoes...and a girls legs (thankfully no serious damage done) but this chaos resulted in all of their guest in the river with upset hippos & countless crocodiles - not really ideal! They were fortunate no-one was hurt. I have also heard tell of less fortunate outcomes!

The Zambezi river forms the boundary between Zim & Zam, so yes if you where in southern Zambia, you would look across the river to Zimbabwe. I would love to visit Luangwa in Zambia - I spoke to David Shepherd (wildlife artist) a few years ago and asked him where he would choose to go to view African wildlife & he said South Luangwa.

After your experiences in Napal (which sound excellent to me....other than the guide behaving very badly), I think you are well cut-out for Mana. We have been chased by elephant & lion a number of times over the years!

my beautiful soft boy biggles..
4725290356_c1b38f7472.jpg

no. 1 narky madam kitkat
3276114373_4edea9ab67.jpg

no. 2 madam and poser of the bunch kitton
4664269000_511167c90d.jpg

Here's one of my girls

and one I wanted to bring home

and one I thought best stay where he/she was:D

My Devon Rex - JayKay

_DSC2009.jpg

4859_102080996081_733826081_2535065_5114690_n.jpg