Catalytic Converter theft.

nilagin

Daniel-san
Suspended / Banned
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
This happened in East Ham, East London recently.
View: https://youtu.be/kuuhgfIQ93E

Seems 04-09 Toyota Prius have exceptionally high platinum content in their cats.
A workmates Focus ST estate was stolen about a month before Christmas and found about a fortnight later. The car was totally wrecked inside and out and a 2 ton trolley jack and cordless angle grinder in the boot. A very strong possibility the scumbags in the video are the same scumbags who nicked my mates car.

We had 5 nicked from our workplace in one afternoon a couple of years ago :(

Not a new phenomenon unfortunately, heard a lot a few years ago with compounds where vans and trucks are parked being enterred for the vehicles to have their cats removed.

Past thefts have always been at night and no one knows until the next morning. Even though my mates car was stolen at 1:00am, the car alarm was going off for all the neighbourhood to hear, it woke my mates daughter, who alerted her father. He leant out of his bedroom window and shouted at them and he was threatened with an iron bar.
Another of my workmates grew up around East Ham, he said It's always been a bit like that, I must admit during the 80's, the place always made me feel uneasy. This work mate moved away as soon as he could but his dad still works in the area. He reckons it has definitely got worse over the last few years and stuff like this in broad daylight is now almost happening daily.

There is "Garage" not too far from me, that sells camper vans, its a locked compound with a huge notice on the iron fencing
"None of these vehicles have CATS attached".
I often wondered why. Now I know!

So we can't have diesel 'cos it's allegedly too dirty (even the new ones), and we can't have petrol because the bit that make them cleaner (and smellier) gets nicked. How soon before the scrotes start nicking electric cars for their batteries?

Saw this a few days ago and someone mentioned that there were about 6 or 7 people watching and filming this.

Someone also said how crazy that no-one would intervene - yeah right, I don't think i'd even have a go if it was my own car. These guys are brazen, tooled up and really not afraid of anyone or anything.

The UK gets more and more lawless by the day and it's pretty scary

In our local paper last night, i don't know if it matters but i don't think it can help,

Controversial proposals to scrap prison sentences of six months or less to free up jail places could have a dramatic effect on the numbers locked up at Grimsby Magistrates' Court.

Of the 23 criminals jailed during the last full month there, most would, under the latest Government idea, have walked free and only a tiny handful would have been jailed.

Prisons Minister Rory Stewart says that very short prison sentences are "long enough to damage you and not long enough to heal you".

He claims: "The public are safer if we have a good community sentence - and it will relieve a lot of pressure on prisons."

Don't lock the scrotes up, just attack their wrists with a baseball bat(and then maybe their knees), cheaper, quicker and probably more effective.

I like the stocks as a "community sentence"

But it could never happen - human rights, health and safety, some sort of 'ism (criminalism?) especially if the perps were of some alleged identifiable social group.

But it could never happen - human rights, health and safety, some sort of 'ism (criminalism?) especially if the perps were of some alleged identifiable social group.

So also putting them in a semi sealed room fed by the exhaust output of car with its CAT removed is out of the question then ;)

only if it's not accidental....

With a rotting veg stall set up "next door" (y)
Bricks would be better, they could be used for castration as well, I have been told it is relatively pain free, just so long as you don't catch you thumbs between the bricks. ;)

Past thefts have always been at night and no one knows until the next morning. Even though my mates car was stolen at 1:00am, the car alarm was going off for all the neighbourhood to hear, it woke my mates daughter, who alerted her father. He leant out of his bedroom window and shouted at them and he was threatened with an iron bar.
Another of my workmates grew up around East Ham, he said It's always been a bit like that, I must admit during the 80's, the place always made me feel uneasy. This work mate moved away as soon as he could but his dad still works in the area. He reckons it has definitely got worse over the last few years and stuff like this in broad daylight is now almost happening daily.

Anyone now fancies the 2nd amendment here? There are no more real men around and the crooks go out openly about their dirty business.

Back