Catbells

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to sneak in a trip away for a week to the Lake District before all the tiered lockdowns came to bite us :)

Glad we went as Barnsley has little to offer in the way of big vistas.

I had unfinished business with Catbells as on my first trip up I didn't get to the summit and also missed the sunrise. The fog was so dense that we thought we had reached the top but still had a way to go.

Anyway - I managed to drag my wife up to the top this time and grabbed a few images. This was the best of the bunch - it was very difficult trying to find a good composition and I did struggle a bit.

Dreamscape by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Love this image!!
Well captured, Dave ;)

We always try and visit the Lakes at least once a year and when we do its Braithwaite we head for.
Seeing the landslide on Barrow to the left of this shot brings back memories and makes us sad that we won't be able to visit this year :crying:

Love this image!!
Well captured, Dave ;)

We always try and visit the Lakes at least once a year and when we do its Braithwaite we head for.
Seeing the landslide on Barrow to the left of this shot brings back memories and makes us sad that we won't be able to visit this year :crying:

Thanks Mike - we have had to cancel several trips but dropped lucky with the cheeky trip to the Lakes for a week :)

Hopefully we will all soon be out and about enjoying the hills and lakes again :)

Hard place to shoot the obvious view as the ugly paths spoil it but you've done well here. That low mist does a good job of separating the lower ridge from the rest of the land. Nice shot

Back