catclick's 52 week challenge 2021 - Done & Dusted

Nicely done. I've never had a go at this myself but it works well for the theme and the black and white is great. I like that you can see an edge to the glass all the way round, and it appears grounded.

Reflections in the glass are not ideal, but I suspect it's extremely tricky getting them perfect. I seem to remember doing loads of photoshop once on a Christmas bauble :rolleyes:. I'd be interested to hear how lighting experts would do it - perhaps make sure you have a black screen behind you or something?

Nicely done. I've never had a go at this myself but it works well for the theme and the black and white is great. I like that you can see an edge to the glass all the way round, and it appears grounded.

Reflections in the glass are not ideal, but I suspect it's extremely tricky getting them perfect. I seem to remember doing loads of photoshop once on a Christmas bauble :rolleyes:. I'd be interested to hear how lighting experts would do it - perhaps make sure you have a black screen behind you or something?
I would love to hear how to avoid all the reflections too, I tried all sorts of things to cut them down, this was the best I got. Some of the images - I was in them, the ceiling lights, the radiator, a chair....... It was a nightmare! Tried black sheets all over the place, not but behind me. Will try that in future if I need to do something similar. :snaphappy: Maybe I should redo it with all the reflections in for next week's theme!

I would love to hear how to avoid all the reflections too, I tried all sorts of things to cut them down, this was the best I got. Some of the images - I was in them, the ceiling lights, the radiator, a chair....... It was a nightmare! Tried black sheets all over the place, not but behind me. Will try that in future if I need to do something similar. :snaphappy: Maybe I should redo it with all the reflections in for next week's theme!
Yes reflections for next week (y) :D I did the same with my bauble and had to photoshop myself out in the end. I reckon you did a really good job, just can't help myself trying to look :) We just need an expert to come along soon.... I expect three will come along at once :ROFLMAO:

Great idea Catherine apart from those pesky reflections. Think you may have to invest in a tent!

That works really well.

Looks good to me but then I avoid anything involving lighting, still life etc. It's very effective.

Well worked Catherine, I don't think the reflections detract any from the image.

really nice, lovely subject and well set up to get the reflections.

Nice clever clogs shot!

Well thought out and executed Cat (y)

I tried to do this sort of shot using two mirrors but they turned out to be mostly rubbish and I couldn't get the mirrors dust free. You've done this very well.

Lovely shot Catherine and the pov almost makes them look life-size. Cleverly done.

That works well for rough. Nice composition and good moody sky. I like that the brighter bit of sky is over the river, and the left hand side balances it nicely.

Hi Catherine, A very nice scene, the water has enough movement in it to show how rough it is.

Pete

Rough
Really good looking landscape. The green Pine tree on the right balances out the composition nicely.

That's a lovely scene, and how have composed it well.

Perhaps a little too saturated? But very nice.

That's a lovely scene, and how have composed it well.

Perhaps a little too saturated? But very nice.
Thanks. It was a gorgeous day last week. I see what you mean, I haven't touched any saturation/vibrance but it was polarised to get the stones in the water in the foregound. It was also late afternoon light. Perhaps the polariser has given it a false light? This is 5 portrait shots stitched together.

Nice photo Catherine, Nice and smooth, not sure if the polariser was needed, the underwater rocks do not add to the smooth effect IMHO.

Pete

Smashing start to your 52 Catherine.
Both of your Film shots are spot on. I can't choose between them.
Half is great too. Very clever.
Rough and smooth are equally excellent (y)

Back